• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Some photos and progress of my little Sprite

H82WRK

Yup, still around, did not give up on the car....just the engine.

Thanks to a fellow member who lives close by to me I was able to find a running motor with some very nice upgrades for a price that I could not pass up. So in with the new and out with the old unreliable. Now I will have electronic ignition and a spin on oil filter! Thanks so much John /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Good thing is that I do have the ribcase tranny that I can swap over to the new motor so that will be a pretty nice set up. This is great as well as by the time I figured to tear apart my engine and get the head machined etc. I could just replace the whole deal with a tested running engine and drive. Later on I will figure out what really went wrong with the old one but right now I just want to enjoy summer.

Then it's drive drive drive until fall when I will start on the paint and interior. Which I can assure you will be very very cool

Will continue to post updates. Pressure washed out the bay yesterday and the underneath of the car, she's never been cleaner and I am also pleased that I found no rust or anything spooky in there! Also looks like she might have been a baby blue cover at one time.

So here are some recent photos per my photobucket link, feel free to go check them all out at...

Thanks for keeping me inspired!

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v632/ruchtij/

littlesprite.jpg

enginecompt.jpg

newengineintruck.jpg

cleaningnewengine.jpg

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Is that a 948 you're swapping into the car?

OP
H

H82WRK

Yes it had a 948 in it to begin with. Couldn't find a running 1275 in my price range so figured run with the 948 for awhile and maybe locate a 1275 core and do a rebuild later on.

I like the stripe too! Even when I do the new color I will keep a white stripe on it like the one it has.

bugimike

Yoda
Drew, I believe she is swapping out the 948 for a 1275 (Smart move!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif ). The car looks really great. Should be quite a performer now with the 1275 AND a Weber! Keep us posted with progress pix! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nice looking ride. You can park at my house anytime.

Branson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
looks good! I like the stripe too! Thanks for keeping the rest of us motivated too /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Your earlier posts sounded like you were regretting buying the car, but, gee, that's a sweet lookin' little ride. I hope the engine swap works out--if I remember correctly, you had some carb and electrical issues to sort out too, didn't you?

kcbugeye1275

Jedi Knight
Nice.! I agree, drive and enjoy, the cold months are for these projects if you can wait and have a warm place to work on them.

bugimike

Yoda
I misunderstood you to have found a 1275 replacement! I was thinking the 948 pictured in the truck was your old engine! Silly me!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Even Miss Agatha has a spin on filter.

sqbsprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
That's a nice looking Sprite. From the photos, I can't tell why you would want to repaint it. It looks great as is.

OP
H

H82WRK

Thanks for the comments and compliments everyone, I have some more pictures I will get uploaded tonight of my engine bay before pressure washing, after pressure washing and now with the painting almost completed. Looks good. And yes I agree that the paint and the car looks pretty good, I am just not a red on red person and see flaws in the paint that bother me. I could probably wet sand most of it out but if I am going to do all that I would rather just spray it. It's a good project for me and my Dad this winter and since my Dad and me painted my first car together I thought this would be kinda of neat to get his involvement in it as well.

Plans are for mineral gray exterior and all red interior with the white stripe worked back in

I was def. feeling sad about my car but I did not want to give up and now that I have put the work in it I feel even better about owning it.

Country flag
I like the stripe too.....would I get drummed out of the "club" if I put one the nose of my Mini? LoL What are the width dimensions? My Mini is red and will have a white roof....can have the stripe done at the same time.