• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The old girl's back

Tom

well after a couple of weeks and an indepth service the mystery of why the C was failing to continue is solved....

Basically the fuel pump has decided that it will only work when primed, as soon as it has to suck air to get fuel it won't.

Downside: New Pump, air filters, in depth service (needed anyway) and some other bits and peices (new rear catch so the tailgate no longer jumps it's catch round every corner: very annoying!!)

Upside: the old girl has never run better!!, I think I'm falling in love again.....

regards

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Darn! & I was already trying to figure out how to float my trailer to come pick her up!

I know a guy here that turned a flat car style trailer into a pontoon boat. That might've worked. hehehehe

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
ooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu....(as he peeks from around a post in the garage)

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
THAT'S certain to win ya points, there, Greg...

OhBoi.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
*dawns his NBC gear and awaits the fall-out*

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
...'course "Ol' girl's FRONT" mighta raised an eyebrow or two as well... 'specially with additional comments regardin' hooters....

<scurries back to corner>

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
She's half a continent away from most of us & we're all scurrying for protection like a bunch of roaches when somebody turns on a light....hehehehe

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
AHEM...

((ignores the idjuts and talks to Tom))

Is that an MGCGT or is that a hardtop? Got more pictures? My son found a CGT sitting on a lot a month or so ago. Called on it, was already sold, $11,500.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Its a C GT...I crushed one last summer - rusted hulk!

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Glad you showed up when you did Janel...

I was just about to chastize Greg for the awful thing he said in referance to your years on earth.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your Friend

Paul

OP
T

Tom

Evening Jaybird

sorry for precipitating such an uncouth discussion about your good self /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (note to Tony I may be a continent and ocean away but you don't see me putting myself at risk, particularly as I'm shortly to be only a continent away without the protection of my MGs)

*ahem* <simpering mode off>

Yes the "Old Girl" (Violet to her friends) is a MGC GT, not a roadster with a hardtop, I have heaps of photos of when I restored her, well I paid the bills mainly, ex UK car, original RHD (with rust like only the brits can produce).

Took 12.5 years but I got there in the end...

a few photos from the archives for you entertainment....

myc1s8iq.jpg

note the rust in the bulkhead.....

myc2s1vg.jpg

Through to painting.....

myc3s4pl.jpg

And the return of the bit wot makes it go....

So was this as rusty as your crushed one Tony?

regards

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
HOLY CRAP, Tom! That car makes the one I crushed look like a cream puff! I'm always in awe of you guys who take on such projects....however, I helped you when I did my bit & crushed my old MGC GT - makes yours more valuable!

OP
T

Tom

Yeah Tony I was young stupid and a bit naiive when took it on, and even then if it had been a 4 banger I would of said pass.

But that's why it took 12.5 years and more money than I will ever divulge to a living soul (including myself....) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

You nearly helped me in a more tangible way back in the day, if you had had one available I would've been running
a replacement diff centre from one of your wrecks, unfortunately it ended up in your V8 project instead so I ended up getting it from elsewhere (this all happened lang before I joined up here...)

regards

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Did I also send you some MGC rear brakes parts?

OP
T

Tom

Nope one way and another we never managed to exchange cash and parts, the brakes were usable on mine, in fact most parts were there but very neglected.

The diff was there but the crownwheel and pinion were so worn that they were only engaging on the tips of the teeth
, even after a rebuild it was so noisy you could play a tune on it, hence the need for a diff centre which in the end came from Bromsgrove MG (now defunct)

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We have MGCs in the US?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Fewer and fewer if Tony has his way with 'em apparently! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Doc, I'll be 60 in March....by the time I'm 62, the MG Graveyard will be empty!