• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

CV Axles/hubs from Goodparts

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior
If the Stag has the same TR250/6 swing arm outer flange mount (6 bolt) and the same inner Diff. flange mount and the distance from the outer flange mount to the Diff mount is the same as the TR250/6 then it might work,----but I dont think the Stag has the same set up. It should fit the TR4A

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
I pretty sure the hub mount is the same, not sure about the diff mount flange. My biggest concern was the length of the axle. Does anyone know the respective lengths of the TR and the Stag axles?

crj7driver

Jedi Trainee
I don't know the respective lengths of the TR6 axles but I have a set laying around. One measurement would be fully compressed (axle that is) and the other would be fully extended but with bolting the old diff and arms up to the frame I don't know.

I will check my files and see if I can reverse engineer the lengths (I took a million measurements when getting my axles made). FWIW, if the hub and the differential flanges are the same, Kevin at Ocala can make the shaft portion any length. All he needs is the distance from the hub mounting flange to the differential flange and he can determine the rest from there.

Good luck,

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior
For my axles Ocala used 16" as the average measurment, that was from the outer face on the swing arm where the flange bolts--and to the face of the Diff. flange. Also there has to be room for the outer CVJ hub to turn, On the TR6 the inner tunnel in the swing arm had to be reemed out a little to allow room for that hub to turn freely. If it all will fit and the only problem is the length, give Kevin at Ocala your measurment and he could probably make one for you. I have my doubts if it will work on the Stag when it comes to the mounting points and room available. Does the Stag use the same stock axle and hub assembly as the TR250/6?

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I'd be happy with a legitimate four wheel disk brake kit that includes a working emergency brake. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

G

michalotti_tr said:
I pretty sure the hub mount is the same, not sure about the diff mount flange. My biggest concern was the length of the axle. Does anyone know the respective lengths of the TR and the Stag axles?

This all started when the guy made a one off set for my TR6. I had to send him one of my halfshafts and a bunch of measurements. If the Stag is at all similar to the TR6, I'm pretty sure he'll make you a one off too, just ask. You never know - a year later they might be in production /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

crj7driver

Jedi Trainee
Brosky said:
I'd be happy with a legitimate four wheel disk brake kit that includes a working emergency brake. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif [/quote

Speaking of that what happened to the Aussie guy that had a mechanic that developed a mostly off the shelf 4 disk set
up?

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
alana said:
This all started when the guy made a one off set for my TR6. I had to send him one of my halfshafts and a bunch of measurements. If the Stag is at all similar to the TR6, I'm pretty sure he'll make you a one off too, just ask. You never know - a year later they might be in production /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

(counting pennies)Sounds like a great idea, now if my wallet could only catch up with my desires ...