• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Miata Seat Covers for TR6

Cain

Jedi Trainee
I was reading the post regarding stereo speakers in Miata seats and was wondering if Miata seat covers would fit my '71 TR6 seats. Anyone know? The seats in my '71 have the highback headrest.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
I have a Miata, and am familar with the TR6 seats, and I say it's a no go. You might want to look into just swapping the Miata seats into the TR. I've seen that done before. Also, there are Miata seats without speakers. The only difference in the covers was holes. That's why I say, just get Miata seats with the speakers in them.

I'm ducking while everyone flings flaming arrows at me for such a suggestion.

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
martx-5, not from this castle, in fact I always go for the seat change in a daily driver or even the real good fun car. Lets face it not too many people who own these beauties have the back of a twenty year old, more padding a some lumbar please. Wayne

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Hey now a few of us have the back of a 23 year old and can still appreciate a comfy seat, I say get the miata seats.

Eric

Jedi Warrior
I recall having seen inflatable lumbar support bladders that could be placed under the upholstery in the seat. They were inflated using a rubber squeeze bulb on the end of a hose that would emerge from the back of the seat. It looked like it would be effective, unobtrusive and removable. I can't remember where I saw it - Moss or Vickie Brit maybe.

V

vagt6

I installed Miata seats in my GT6 and immediately discovered they did not fit properly. The Miata seat sits rather high in the Spit/GT6 cockpit (about 3 inches higher, measured from my seated butt to the floor pans) and takes away valuable legroom. Simply not an option for folks taller than about 5'10" or so. The Miata seat width, though wider than the GT6 highback seat, is okay.

However, the TR6 has a roomier cockpit and you may find the Miata seat practicable. At any rate, it will most certainly not fit like the stock TR6 chairs. And obviously, Miata seats were not an option on TR6s, I don't think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

If you dig a bit you'll probably find another TR6 enthusiast who's done the Miata seats, I'd assume such an opinion would be most helpful.

Anyone here?

Good luck!

Eric

Jedi Warrior
If you are looking for Miata seats, check out the classifieds on www.Miata.net . They come up for sale frequently when people either put in "racing" seats or convert a street car to a racer. There's not a huge market for the stock seats, so they aren't expensive. They are comfortable 'tho, and much better on the back than my GT6 seats were.

OP
Cain

Cain

Jedi Trainee
Gentlemen,

Thanks for your responses. The seats in my TR6 are structurely sound and are confortable enough for me. The driver's seat has much more wear than the passenger seat and I'm just looking for nice covers for the seats. I'm not looking to replace them.

I've looked at seat covers at local stores and haven't found what I want. Most of the seat covers have neon lightning bolts or tasmanian devils. I'm not interested in graphics.

So I started searching the internet. I ran across some places that sell seat covers for various late model makes and models. They had pictures of some of the seats and I noticed the mid-90's Miata seats looked very similar to the shapes and contours of my TR6 seats. Therefore, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever used seat covers made for Miata seats on TR6 seats.

Here's a link to one of the sites: Miata Seat Covers

Thanks