• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Speakers

BJ8TONY

Silver
Country flag
I am looking for suggestion for audio speakers. What I don't want to do is cut any door panels. I am hoping to find some type of box speaker that I can mount under the dash.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
You could start HERE

Frameman

we have been mounting speakers in the forward bulkhead corners. There may be shots of this on our website.
Give me a call if you want more information.
Martin
Jule Enterprises

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I went the route of bluetooth speakers. Creative D100's to be exact. The sit nicely on the tranny tunnel of my BT7 with a little velcro on the bottom to keep them from sliding off. They sound great, play from any bluetooth device, and have enough volume to be heard at 70 MPH. They cost me $55 from Amazon, and I didn't have to cut or drill anything.

Keith

Bjohnson80

Freshman Member
I went the route of bluetooth speakers. Creative D100's to be exact. The sit nicely on the tranny tunnel of my BT7 with a little velcro on the bottom to keep them from sliding off. They sound great, play from any bluetooth device, and have enough volume to be heard at 70 MPH. They cost me $55 from Amazon, and I didn't have to cut or drill anything.

Keith

Kieth- Did you ever try just one of the Creative speakers? It sounds like you are using a pair of them. I am wondering if I can get away with just one in my BJ8.

Thanks!

Brian

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Kieth- Did you ever try just one of the Creative speakers? It sounds like you are using a pair of them. I am wondering if I can get away with just one in my BJ8.

Thanks!

Brian

Hi Brian,
They come as a pair. Here's a picture of them in my BT7. They are available from amazon for $49, and they have amazing sound and volume for such small speakers. We ended up buying another set of them for around the house and yard.

Keith
speakers.jpg

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I almost forgot---they run on 4 AA batteries with 25 hours of playing time, which means you don't have to worry about wiring them into to the cars electrical system, whatever the polarity might be.

BruceAllcorn

RE: Speakers

I have a 1962 tri-carb, and after reading the other answers, here is what I came up with. I didn't want to drill any holes or clamp anything on, and all I was really interested in was satellite radio. Since I already had a couple of sat radio receivers, I bought a docking station for one of my receivers and mounted it and a cigarette lighter plug on a black plastic shelving board cut to fit snuggly on my parcel shelf (plug toward back, docking station in front). Note that I had already changed to system to a negative ground for this purpose. After wiring the lighter plug, with an in-line fuse, to the hot side of the fuse panel, all I had to do was plug the male plug that came with the docking station into the cig lighter plug to power my sat receiver. I then purchased an Oontz XL wireless Bluetooth speaker and used the connector that came with it to "hardwire" into my sat receiver aux plug. The Oontz is 10" wide by 3-1/2" high, so it sits perfectly under the dash on my transmission cover. I then ran the antenna wire under the door trim and carpet to the back of the car and have it sitting on the top of the top stowage cover under the tonneau cover. The speaker puts out a great sound and is very "hearable" cruising with the top down. I haven't had the top on the car since I've had it, but I imagine I won't have a problem with the top up either. I put connectors on the power wire going to the lighter plug, so all I have to do is unplug the hot wire, remove the board with the lighter plug and receiver and take the speaker out, which takes all of about 30 seconds. Everything is black so you hardly notice its there.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag