• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Speakers

ceedub

Country flag
I have purchased new door panels for my '73 MGB rebuild and I am not too anxious to cut holes in them to install two four inch speakers for my "new" radio. Anyone got any creative installation places other than the doors? I bought two new plastic underdash panels and wondered if they would do because I don't care if I cut a hole in them because you will never see them anyway. Maybe you won't hear anything from under there either. Suggestions?
Thanks,

Ceedub

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I'm puttin' mine under-dash and don't give a fig if I can't blow th' windows outta th' car beside me... I'll use th' Lucas Flamethrowers to burn th' chrome off'n their bumpers instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
in the underdash covers ought to work fairly well... the only acoustic issue I can think of is the possibility of the "highs" not sounding as clear or crisp as they should be. If you don't mind fabricating things you can make a pair of "pods" to sit on the ledge in the foot wells to hold the speakers...

G

This is where I mounted the speakers on my TR6...
speakers.jpg

They are pretty loud.

Bill

swift6

Yoda
Bill, Your stealing my thunder on this subject. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
[ QUOTE ]
This is where I mounted the speakers on my TR6...
speakers.jpg

They are pretty loud.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!!!!!! Radios are for silly looking Hondas. And bad sounding Hondas too.

Bruce

cut a wedge shape out of some wood, and use a slim speaker, and mount it on the side kickpanels angled back towards the passenger compartment (drivers side speaker angled toward passenger, pass side speaker angled toward driver). Cover the wood with some vinyl and you'll hardly ever see them. And in this postion, they'll sound a lot better than they ever did next to your hip.

See attachment.

Attachments

• 159737-Speakerpanel.jpg
    159737-Speakerpanel.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 65