• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

NEW old brake servo

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
You want believe what came back from White Post Restorations. Only pictures will make you believe. Now let me see how to post them. Dang, I can't get them to post. GAADDS! I will try later.

bmurphy7369

Jedi Trainee
Vette,
If it helps as far as posting pictures, I uploaded a pic to my yahoo online picture account, created a public album for the picture(s), logged out and then copied and pasted the link as a URL. It didn't show the picture in the thread, but it did create a link and I think it is viewable if other members were to click on it. I don't know the correct way to make them appear in the post, but I will try to find out as I have some as well I would like to have appear in some threads. Love to see the servo, hope you can get a pic up soon....
Brian

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yeah Vette, having dealt with Billie at White post for many years I know what you got back looks like it just came off the manufactures shelf.--Keoke-- /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yesnod.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

OP
V

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
The servo and master could not look better. I will continue to look for a way to post the pictures; in the mean time work will be in the way. Ha!

Exotexs

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Posting Pics 101:

step 1:
you click on REPLY at the bottom of any thread box. (do not click on QUICK REPLY!!)

step 2:
an advanced dialog box opens where you can type at 130 letters per second.

step 3:
look at the bottom of that Reply dialog box, where it says:
FILE MANAGER

step 4:
click on FILE MANAGER and another box opens.

step 5:
click on BROWSE to look for the pics in your computer, in whatever folder they've been saved in.

step 6:
select the pic you want to post and click OK to UPLOAD.

NOTES:
The pics cannot be too big or The System will refuse to upload them. Then you have to go to your photo editing program to reduce them in increments of 25% and try again until they go through.

I guess you gets what you pays for.

bmurphy7369

Jedi Trainee
Thanks Exotexs, that helps so much. I was baffled, but guess I gave up too soon. I have "Image Resizer", if this helps anyone. With the program, when you right click a picture on your computer you will have the "Resize Image" option on the drop-down menu. I think the program is part of Windows tools, probably available at the Microsoft website and/or part of XP Service Pack 2. Anyway, thanks for the tips.
Brian

OP
V

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
I printed and taped your step by step instructions to the side of the file cab by my computer with hopes of learning how to post pictures. But, I was interrupted and did not pursue it because of power outages resulting in cold shutdowns, loss of data, corrupted files and more. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cryin.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cryin.gif Then taxes, then the storm (more /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cryin.gif) so I am just now catching my breath as the storm seems to be going south of LA and hopefully will not cause any problems here. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yesnod.gif

Exotexs

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I think the Yucatan will get hit this time.

As to loss of data during a power outtage/shutdown, it's very rare, the data will still be in the hard drive, unless you write over it; You may loose what you were doing at the point where the CPU was shut down incorrectly, but nothing else. Windows has built-in self-protection for that kind of situation.

I make it a habit of SAVING continuously. for example if I'm working on a text document, you might have a setting in your word processor to AUTO-SAVE every X minutes, I have it set to 1 minute. That way I rarely loose much if something screws up.

When it comes to MP3 or JPG files, I keep them away from the hard drive, in other words, I copy them to CD and that way I always have a hard-media backup.

Posting pics: once you do it once or twice, it's very easy.
To make it even easier, place all your pictures in one specific Folder, name it Pictures, and you can always remember where the pictures are when you "BROWSE".

OP
V

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
Well finally, some pictures MAYBE:

Picture104.jpg

OP
V

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
I used the "photobucket" process and just copied the "img" on the photobucket and pasted to my post. I did not see anything on photobucket that would size or resize a picture. Is that feature to be found in other software?

Another question is how do you put several pictures on the same post?

Exotexs

Jedi Knight
Country flag
above each small ("thumbnail") image in Photobucket, there are some options like MOVE, TAG, EDIT, etc.

Click on EDIT above the image.

then select RESIZE or SIZE,

then select 640 x 480 (Message Board size)

You'll have to do it for every image.
-------------------------------------------------------

To insert several images in this forum, use the REPLY button at the bottom of this reply. Do not use "Quick Reply".

Then click on FILE MANAGER (at the bottom of the new dialog box that you just opened), and UPLOAD the images (FILES) that you want, by BROWSING your hard disk or CD ROM or FLOPPY DISK for the folder or disk where the images are stored, but that doesn't work with Photobucket.

With Photobucket you are inserting an HTML IMAGE TAG into the text, a remote-control or LINK if you will.

When you UPLOAD a file here, it is saved HERE in the hard disk of the Server.

For example, if Photobucket's Server were to go down, the LINKS would not work, you would not see the image until the server recovered. If Photobucket's Server crashed, same thing, the images are lost forever.

That's why it is better to UPLOAD the pictures/images HERE.

EX