• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

F-Type vs. F-Pace, Jaguar’s beauty and the beast

CoffeeTalkJoe

Jaguar hit a grand slam with the introduction of the F-Type, but the scouting report on the F-Pace has left some wondering if it can even get on base.
The popularity of the F-Type still amazes me every day; it’s like a wildfire that can’t be put out. Jaguar was in need of a flagship model that would bring the brand back from some lean years and the roadster has done just that. The F-Type has been on the pages and even a few covers of most every car magazine since its launch. The sleek and sexy sports car is everything that is needed to appeal to a broad audience; it has killer style, jaw-dropping performance, and all the right moves to keep it on everyone’s bucket list for years.

I have friends who aren’t even car guys who ask me about my test drives in the Jaguar F-Type. They immediately want to know two things, how fast is it and what does it cost? Most of them say without hesitation that it’s a car they could see themselves driving. For an automaker to accomplish this type of appeal is incredible and rare these days. Like I have reported, there are so many sports car fans that are waiting patiently for the low mileage F-Type’s to hit the pre-owned car lots and dealerships so they can try to get their dream car at a bargain. This seems to be a car that the new just has not worn off of yet, it is a car that catches your attention every time you see one zooming down the road.

Now you may be thinking that’s a lot of praise for just one car, but it’s true. Jaguar hopes that they can re-kindle the fire that began with the F-Type with a new vehicle they say was inspired by none other than the infamous F-Type. The all-new F-Pace is a brand first crossover with the potential to re-write the market with innovative new technology and performance not seen in any other SUV’s. But the issue may be whether consumers can get past the name.

Regarding the name, Ian Callum (Jaguar Design Director) said there were many names considered before they narrowed it down to three. Callum says about F-Pace; “I like it because I think it’s got a bit of texture and character to it and I think after time people will get used to it.” Loyal Jaguar fans should like the fact that they will now have an opportunity to own a crossover with the Jaguar badge on it. Let’s see how the consumers warm up to the name and if the looks will be enough to attract the buyers and give it a chance.

We all know by now that the F-Type is a beast with a fire-breathing engine under the hood waiting for a test drive today. The question becomes, can the F-Pace be the beauty that charms you into falling in love with an all-new performance crossover from Jaguar?

Link to the original article: https://www.torquenews.com/3477/f-type-vs-f-pace-jaguar-s-beauty-and-beast

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
The f type is the car I love...the f pace will be the car that saves the company just as cuv s have done for Porsche.

i want an f type v8 coupe.....or convertible....yet the f pace will allow jaguar to continue in business.

jmo

Country flag
Looked up some photos, I personally don't find the styling terribly unique. But that aside, and I assume Jaguar's own people have run the numbers, I wonder how potential sales are seen. While everything seems to say SUV type sales have gone up Prosche Cayenne sales are at a high under 19k a year and BMW X series are under 80k according to what I see. And the in house competition at Land Rover for all models is around 100k. I do wonder if they will steal sales from themselves, at an overall corporate level, as well as others, and since in the biggerl picture high end luxury SUV sales are small, not really make much money on it. And I question how much they may take from others due to brand loyalty and price when it is known. I wish them luck, but they may be late to a fairly small and exclusive party for high end SUVs.