• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Remote Clutch Slave Cylinder Bleed Extension

WHT

Jedi Hopeful
Silver
Country flag
Hi,

I was looking for a clutch remote bleed kit and don't see any sold for a BJ8 anymore. So, I decided to make one instead.

The only part that eludes me is the bell housing line bracket that was used on most commercial kits. Is this available anywhere?

My apologies, the pictures were borrowed from the forum and I don't remember sources.

Thanks.

Regards, Bill

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Cluth is an ancient British word for clutch. :-(

Attachments

• Cluth Line Bracket 1A.JPG
    Cluth Line Bracket 1A.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Cluth Line Bracket 2A.JPG
    Cluth Line Bracket 2A.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
OP
WHT

WHT

Jedi Hopeful
Silver
Country flag
Thanks John. I thought about that. Not sure I can wrap a 1/8-inch X 3/4-inch piece of iron neatly around a drill bit and insert a rubber sleeve as shown in the picture.

The parts shown must be available because they have USA and a part number stamped on them. Unfortunately, I can't read the part number from the pictures.

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Instead of routing the extension tube up why not route it downward and use one of those stainless P clips withe the rubber cushioning in them and use the lower bolt on the bellhousing to secure it.
no brackets Needed just one or two P clips available from any good nut n bolt store . I know you can get them at Canadian Tire in Canada in packs of three I think .

Attachments

• A83431C2-76CD-478A-B1BD-988F6A56F630.png
    A83431C2-76CD-478A-B1BD-988F6A56F630.png
    650.2 KB · Views: 113
Country flag
I believe BCS sells one that uses SS flex line instead of hard tubing, if you'd prefer to buy pre-made:

The originals are no longer available because Doug Reid, aka 'Mr Finespanner,' the original's creator, died a few years ago. IIRC, it was about $35, and has more than paid for itself at my official shop rate of $0.05/hr.

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I believe BCS sells one that uses SS flex line instead of hard tubing, if you'd prefer to buy pre-made:

The originals are no longer available because Doug Reid, aka 'Mr Finespanner,' the original's creator, died a few years ago. IIRC, it was about $35, and has more than paid for itself at my official shop rate of $0.05/hr.
Bob , How did you manage to get such a great rate of pay , mine is at 4 decimal spaces 😇

OP
WHT

WHT

Jedi Hopeful
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Bob and HealeyNut.

I will check with them today. www.olphartz.com also has one that will work (and would be half the cost of BCS).

Bob Haskell made up a few sets last year, but I heard they are all gone now. Bob used the same bracket used in the originals (I believe) as seen in the second picture I posted. I just found his information and wanted to credit his picture. The first picture was from Steveg.

I took the transmission tunnel off this morning to take measurements and look at routing the bleeder line into the engine compartment. I think the SS flex line is probably the best way to go regardless, just to minimize any problems with engine and road vibration.

Someone in an archived post mentioned he could work the stock bleeder valve from underneath to bleed the slave cylinder. They must have long, thin and multiply jointed fingers like ET.

Lastly, if someone reads this thread years fron now, you can easily gravity bleed the slave cylinder with the transmission tunnel lifted a few inches. I only post this because when searching the archives, more than one person said you could not gravity bleed the clutch slave cylinder. It worked well and a few taps to the slave cylinder with a small rubber mallet release air bubbles. Like the brakes, we now have a good, firm clutch pedal.

Regards, Bill

Last edited:

BobHaskell

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Bill,

Not sure where you heard that I had sold out. i have a few left.

Cheers,
Bob

BobHaskell

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
BTW, the bracket is 3/4" wide 14 gauge, not 1/8". I made a jig to roll the end that the steel line goes through since I was making more than one. The steel line is held in the bracket with a 3/4" long piece of rubber fuel line. The twist in the middle can be done with a vise and a adjustable wrench - pad the sharp corners so you don't ding the bracket.

OP
WHT

WHT

Jedi Hopeful
Silver
Country flag
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your reply. Some one I spoke with locally told me you only had a few left in May and they were gone now. I will contact you offline to purchase one! Glade they are still available.

BTW, it took a LOT of searching to initially find that you had made a few sets. I found the picture first and then tracked it back to you on Bing. Nothing came up in my Forum archive searches.

Regards, Bill