• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Moto Lita Hub

Jayrz

Jedi Trainee
I have a new, just gorgeous, M-L steering wheel for the 61 Midget. i noticed today when I put it on that the Hub that comes with it to make it fit the car is a little taller. Therefore the steering wheel is about a half inch further away from the dash and that much closer to my chest.

Is there a "low-profile" hub kit to mount the new steering wheel so that it is the same distance away from the dash as the stock one?

Westfield_XI

Jedi Warrior
Moto-Lita in the UK will custom build a hub for most any application. They made a hub to mate my 1960's 3 spoke 12" wheel with small hub to a Mini/Allegro column. It might be faster to have a good machinist turn 1/2" off of yours, or as much as possible!

OP
Jayrz

Jayrz

Jedi Trainee
Thanks,

I may end up just doing that. For now I have the wheel mounted from the back of the hub flange and the ring on the front. Seems ok like that..

And when are we going to get to see some pictures of the Westfield XI ? I want to see them badly and have been kicking around this idea a while since I now own a complete spare spridget drivetrain and datsun 5 speed setup.

Westfield_XI

Jedi Warrior
I will be back in CA next Monday to start building again. I have been in Tucson since before Thanksgiving. A few days before departing for AZ I picked up my engine from the builder so I will have some fun work ahead. I will have to get some kind of a picture site going as I think that is the preferred way to post photos here? Is that correct, you just post links to pics, not the pic itself?

I know of a couple of these g/b's down here in AZ, but they need to be pulled from the cars.

I used "gear-calc" to figure out my rear end ratio: just plug in the Datsun gear ratios from the Rivergate site and enter your tire diameter. Then you can try the various available ratios to see what works. I am going to run 15" Dunlops with a 4.22 rear. This puts me below 4000 rpm at cruise, 80 mph in 5th which is an OD IIRC. It's available for free online at one of the Locost sites.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
steveg SOLD!! Moto-Lita 14" wheel for sale with adjustable hub & collet Austin Healey Classifieds 0
RandallRK Moto Lita steering hub on non-adjustable column Austin Healey 4
steveg SOLD!! Moto-Lita 14" wheel Triumph Classifieds 0
Cappy Moto-Lita Steering Wheel Installation Austin Healey 3
E TR4/4A Wiring the horn when installing a Moto -Lita steering wheel Triumph 4
L Moto Lita steering wheel Austin Healey 19
Kirk_Fisher General TR Moto-Lita wheel refinishing Triumph 4
johntennyson Moto Lita on a '75 Elite Lotus 1
johntennyson TR6 Moss Moto Lita adapter on TR-6s and Spitfires Triumph 2
B Moto-Lita Steering Wheel Spridgets 10
C How do you polish a Moto-Lita steering wheel? Austin Healey 7
drooartz Installed my new Moto-Lita today MG 12
TRclassic3 Moto lita boss TVR 7
bugedd Moto Lita Question Spridgets 7
Tabcon Moto Lita Wheels for "Honkies" Triumph 4
G Moto-Lita wheel for sale. MG 0
YankeeTR All You Need to Know About Moto-Lita Wheels... Triumph 14
DerekJ Fitting Moto Lita - HELP Austin Healey 6
DerekJ Fitting a Moto Lita Steering Wheel Austin Healey 7
kch Moto Lita boss question Austin Healey 4
A TR6 TR6 Moto-lita wheel size Triumph 3
M Anyone Have Experience with Moto Build Ashley or Speedwell Repro Hardtops? Spridgets 2
Y Moto Floor Restoration & Tools 8
Simmo TR2/3/3A Mota Lita Steering wheel on TR3A. Help! Please. Triumph 4
C Wiring new Mota Lita horn push into my MG Midget Spridgets 6
mctriumph TR2/3/3A Hub cap emblems Triumph 2
D Removing the steering wheel hub Spridgets 12
Carlbanan56 MGB Front hub MG 4
5 Wanted Wanted 1966 mgb banjo type axle rear hub MG Classifieds 0
K TR2/3/3A Front brake hub removal to access Vertical Link bolts(screws) Attached pictures. Triumph 1
K TR2/3/3A How to remove the front brake hub from the brake disc? Triumph 11
B TR4/4A Steering Wheel Hub Issues Triumph 0
M T-Series MG TD 1st/2nd sliding hub end play MG 1
A BN7 Front Hub Stud Nuts Austin Healey 5
Lin Bugeye Axle Hub & Bearings Austin Healey 1
AUSMHLY Synchromesh Hub End Float Austin Healey 1
W Rear Axle Hub Seal Austin Healey 8
R TR2/3/3A Steering wheel hub removal Triumph 11
AUSMHLY First Gear Sliding Hub Endplay Austin Healey 1
AUSMHLY Transmission Sliding Hub Plungers Austin Healey 9
K TR2/3/3A Securing new brake disc to the front hub? Triumph 4
W Rear Hub Reassembly Austin Healey 7
A Later drum backing plates - hub not clearing Spridgets 2
K TR2/3/3A Front Hub and Felt Seal Triumph 1
M TR2/3/3A Re-Assembling Rear Axle Outer Bearing and Hub Triumph 1
69MGC MGC Need one MGB/C Splined Hub MG 1
69MGC Wanted Need one MGB/C Splined Hub MG Classifieds 4
Got_All_4 TR6 drill and tap for a grease fitting tr6 rear hub assembly Triumph 4
M Spitfire Triumph spit flange/hub removal Triumph 13
Got_All_4 TR6 Differential side hub measurement Triumph 1