• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Fuses for 1960 BT-7

B

Bobbee44

I like to keep a stash of emergency items in the trunk (light bulbs, fan belt, can of oil, etc.). I have not broached the issue of fuses. Is there a schematic available showing fuse location(s) and amperage for my model?

Thanks,

Bob

AH100M

Jedi Trainee
It's in the shop manual and the driver's handbook. Both are available as reprints if you don't have them (!?).

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Hi Bob, I'm not an expert on the electrical configuration of every year of the big Healey but I have been reading about these things for about 15 years. My Bj7 is highly modified in that i have installed two fuse boxes. If your car is original you probably will find that you only have two fuses. Both on the firewall just above and to the right of the throttle linkage on a LHD car. An exception that is common is that many people have installed an inline fuse on the wire off of the light switch that feeds the rear running lights. As for getting along in an emergency without fuses you can note that your headlights are non-fused (as has been general practice on many cars from the '50s & '60s, 1950 era Chevrolets had a current overload bimetal strip built into the head light switch to provide some protection incase the headlights faulted.) Also your ignition power to the coil and starter is non-fused so you would always have ignition unless of course component failure. So you would probably be able to get along if you blew one of the two fuses that you do have. Of the two fuses that you do have, the top one is energized when the key is turned on, it supplies items such as, wipers, heater, gages, I think the flasher, and brake lites and overdrive. It is a 35 amp fuse. The bottom one is a 50amp fuse and it is hot all the time and supplies the Horns. ....! go figure. It is also intended for period expected auxiliar equipment such as radio and fog lights. Dave.

OP
B

Bobbee44

Bill and Dave:

Thank you for the input. It is invaluable. I will purchase one each 35 and 50 amp fuse for my trunk energency stash.

Cheers,

Bob