• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Of turn singals & fuses

capitalcitycars

Jedi Trainee
Has anybody have trouble with the replacement turn singal stalk/switches purchased from Mo$$?

Also, need new fuse box for my '76. I have mine held together with duct tape. Suggestions? Thanks as always.

als

Fuse boxes show up fairly regularly on eBay for the Midgets, as do turn signal stalks.

Regards
Al

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Fuse boxes are available from the normal sources.

linmalki

Freshman Member
The last MGB we put switched on it took two tries for the turn signal and wiper switches to get some that worked. The customer had gotten one from Victoria British that was also bad. There are better ones out there but more expensive; we finally went to Worldpac for a switch that worked (but they're wholesale only).

linmalki

Freshman Member
The fusebox is fairly simple and pretty readily available from most MG sources. Or you could get a generic fusebox from a Standard Ignition distributor or something similar and wire it in. Just be aware that British fuses are rated differently from American fuses--a 35amp Lucas fuse is a 17amp continuous, for example, so adjust accordingly. You could even get a fuse box with more fuses and separate some circuits to give less load on each fuse.

Bugeye58

Yoda
Brian, I went through two of those switches in a very short period of time. One from Moss, and one from VB. I finally found a NOS Lucas switch for a "B" that has worked well for about 5 or 6 years. I had to make an adapter for the wiring, as the plugs are different, but British Wiring had the correct bits, and they were inexpensive.
Jeff

Morris

Yoda
If you don't have luck with Moss, I was able to "recondition" my turn signal switch by disassembling it and cleaning all the contacts. You have to be carfull cause there are lots of little springs and ball bearings in there (if I remember correctly). But mine works great now and it cost me $0.00.

Bugeye58

Yoda
Morris, the problems I had with the switches I got was that the spring contacts are made of junk, and lose their tension in short order.
Sudden loss of the headlights gets your attention very quickly. I had to drive 30 miles home holding the headlights on the "momentary high beam" setting when the last one failed.
Jeff