• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Turn signal beeper.

Nelson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
When I am out for a drive I frequently would forget to turn off my turn signals. In club drives I have had the car in front of me also forget to turn off the blinking lights. Now I never forget to turn off my blinker anymore. I installed a 12 volt beeper that is a loud reminder that my turn has been completed. It is connected to the wire that goes to the dashboard blinking light. After making use of this system for a while I realized that I could mute the beeper while I am stopped and have the brakes activated, When I resume moving the beeper comes back on to serve as a reminder. I wired a relay between the beeper and the wire from the dash blinking light. The relay is activated and the beeper is disconnected when the brakes are applied. The wire that goes to the brake lights supplies the 12 volts that activate the relay.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I did the same and it works well. The key, of course, is that the electronic chime must draw a very low amount of power so-as to not foul the mechanic (bi-metallic) flasher.
Not sure I follow your modification though... and I'm not fully understanding why the modification (with the brakes).

OP
Nelson

Nelson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
My beeper is rather loud and is annoying when I am stopped at a light or waiting to turn. Now I can enjoy the sounds of silence while I am stopped. And of coursr I can enjoy the sound of my exhaust.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Ah, now I see. Yes, mine seems a bit loud while waiting as well.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Rut,

That's the sound of a nicely built 1275. Sounds quite nice with my Harley Sportster Muffler.

Bill Young

Country flag
I have done several modifications to the lamps on my Bugeye. Take a look at this diagram and perhaps you may get some ideas. A bit technical in ladder logic format.

Attachments

• Sprite Hazard rev B LED.pdf
    943.3 KB · Views: 100

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I have done several modifications to the lamps on my Bugeye. Take a look at this diagram and perhaps you may get some ideas. A bit technical in ladder logic format.

Very nice!

OP
Nelson

Nelson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I had a head start on part of your items, Bill. I installed a four way flasher back in the early 60's. That was before they came in all the regular cars. I bought my commercial unit in a local parts store and installed it then. Currently I have a third brake light mounted on my roll bar to be as visible as I could make it. This LED light has two options in the way it functions. One way it operates is to flash the bank of LEDs rapidly when I hit the brakes. The other option and the way I am using it is to have the lights to blink sequentially from right to left and then left to right. It is like the TV car "Kit." Either way is a good attention getter.

Bill Young

Country flag
Nelson. You did get a head start on 4 way flashers. almost 60 years ago !! Cheers

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

nomad

Yoda
I like the job of reaching for the middle of the dash for that turn signal toggle. After I drive the bug eye a while I find myself reaching for the middle of the dash in every vehicle I get into!:smile-new:

Seriously, makes me wonder if self canceling turn signals were all that much of an advancement.

I've purchased a licence plate surround with bright red LED lights that I wired into the brake light circuit. They add a little more notice to followers without having to do any modifications to the car.

Kurt

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I've purchased a licence plate surround with bright red LED lights that I wired into the brake light circuit. They add a little more notice to followers without having to do any modifications to the car.

I should really do that. Easy I'd think.

nomad

Yoda
I should really do that. Easy I'd think.

Yes, and I was going to give a link to the item on Summit racing but their site has become a tower of Babel with trying to manipulate their search engine. Couldn't find them.

Kurt