• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tunebug has a new friend

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Posted this in the Brit Bike section as well, but just had to share here with my friends as well.

My new 1966 Honda S90! 1745 miles, complete and original down to the tools, owner's manual, and original title. Needs cleaning and refreshing (has sat for years) but should be a relatively easy do once the Tunebug is done. Was for sale locally at a good price, and I couldn't resist. Will put the Tunebug a bit more behind schedule, but such is life. Jenny thinks I'm nuts.
grin.gif

s90trailer.jpg
s90garage.jpg

s90tools.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
drooartz said:
Jenny thinks I'm nuts.
grin.gif

you are - which is why you fit do well here :grouphug:

congrats - it looks like a hoot! :cheers:

I'm not sure about the metric conversion - the bike has the bigger engine right? :devilgrin:

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Close, JP, close. A majestic 8hp at 8000rpm! 89ccs of stump pulling power -- as long as your stumps are really, really small.
grin.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Nice!

Those things are fun to ride and gas almost seems free if you actually use one for commuting.

My first bike was a '67 Honda 305 Scrambler. I still like the old-school Hondas.

And yes, you are nuts, but in a good way.
When I brought home my ~"new" MGB~ a few months ago, Linda looked at our new white MGB (with black top) parked next to our white Miata (with black top) and said:
"You need *two* of these?"
Then she just sighed and said:
"Oh well...it guess I'll always know where you are" (out in the garage)

<span style="font-size: 8pt"> She doesn't even mention the two race cars or the airplane anymore....life is good!</span> :jester:

Country flag
AIRPLANE???!! :laugh:

Country flag
And nice looking MGB!

58Custom

Jedi Warrior
It's lovely. I own a 1970 CT90 and have found that there are some fantastically helpful Yahoo groups for the various 1960s Honda singles.

https://groups.yahoo.com/

Search for the S90 and CT90 groups. You will find downloadable manuals and tuning data and tons of repair and upgrade tips. My CT90 is mostly stock except that I switched to a bridge rectifier for the alt and I use a dry cell battery. Also, check out https://www.dratv.com/ for a huge array of stock and upgrade parts.

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks for the parts tip! I joined the S90 group yesterday, and grabbed the manual from their site. Handy stuff.

Alexey

Freshman Member
That is seriously cool :thumbsup:
I think I saw in one of your posts mentioned that you come up to Loudon for the Vintage Celebration event. Is it together with the bike Classic this year? I think it might be. I'm missing it this year unfortunately. Anyways, I thought folks would get a kick out of the pics I took when I hung out with my vintage racing buddy at the Vintage Celebration in 2006.

Gray_Cat

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Great looking bike Drew! My first "motorcycle" was a 64 Honda 90 and eventually traded it in on a new 65 Honda 305 Scrambler...oh, just to have them again. Enjoy!
Roy :cheers:

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Alexey said:
......I think I saw in one of your posts mentioned that you come up to Loudon for the Vintage Celebration event. Is it together with the bike Classic this year?.....

That would be me that's going to the Louden Vintage (next weekend). I've been there in the past, but this is the first time we're bringing the race car.

The bike folks will get there before us and I think they will be mostly done by the time we start....at least that the way I *think* it will be going this year.

I'll be bringing #11 (see link below).

~HERE~ are other pictures from the '06 event...many similar cars in your photos.

Alexey

Freshman Member
aeronca65t said:
Alexey said:
......I think I saw in one of your posts mentioned that you come up to Loudon for the Vintage Celebration event. Is it together with the bike Classic this year?.....

That would be me that's going to the Louden Vintage (next weekend). I've been there in the past, but this is the first time we're bringing the race car.

The bike folks will get there before us and I think they will be mostly done by the time we start....at least that the way I *think* it will be going this year.

I'll be bringing #11 (see link below).

~HERE~ are other pictures from the '06 event...many similar cars in your photos.
Beautiful pics. Good luck this weekend!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A goofphoto of me mum in '68 astride the Honda I rode around. A 75, IIRC, the 90 was more money. It lasted about six weeks, then both parents decided it needed another home. :devilgrin:

Attachments

• 11427.jpg
    11427.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 77
OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
She's looking very dapper there, Doc! :smile: