• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Things are slowly shaping up...

Country flag
The IMC guys backed up to the garage with a new BendPak XPR10-A around 1:00 PM yesterday, and less than three (<3) hours later, the Healey was the first car in the air since moving.

The rubber isolators for the exhaust system didn't survive the 1150 miles down the interstate on a transporter, and they're a lot easier to replace while standing up!

528719_10150814508632720_114491282719_9421345_271748699_n.jpg

Now, I just have to start doing the garage's electrical installation.

Lotuswins

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Randy,

Looks great. I went for the 4 poster since I store on it more than work on them, though it sure makes it easier.

I see a bar on the top, on the cross over piece. Is that a safety device to keep from crushing the top of the car if you're not watching?? I didn't have that option on my 4 poster, and would like to incorporate something similar.

Jerry Rude
BJ8 - still waiting for paint
Lotus Europa 'Guenhwyvar'

OP
Randy Forbes
Country flag
Open invitation to any like-minded sportscar owners.

Owners of British and Italian cars will have to park in the street though, don't want to soil the brick pavers right off the bat, LOL!

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Randy Forbes said:

Owners of British and Italian cars will have to park in the street though, don't want to soil the brick pavers right off the bat, LOL!
There's a clear coating you can put on the pavers so they resist oil stains. Or, you can have everyone bring their own drip pans to catch their oil.
My father's house had a real long paver driveway and when I went to visit he had me pull forward until the front wheels of my Jag, XJS were "off" the pavers. I was the only one he made do that.

OP
Randy Forbes
Country flag
Patrick67BJ8 said:
Randy Forbes said:

There's a clear coating you can put on the pavers so they resist oil stains. Or, you can have everyone bring their own drip pans to catch their oil.
My father's house had a real long paver driveway and when I went to visit he had me pull forward until the front wheels of my Jag, XJS were "off" the pavers. I was the only one he made do that.
Yes, we had wanted them *sealed* before arriving, but it couldn't be fitted into the tight schedule. In retrospect though, I think it's best we waited; there's still plenty of the filler *seed* (crushed/powdered concrete) floating about, and I think we're going to need a couple of good rains (like "gully washers" if you know what I mean...) to clear the driveway. I've used both the hose and my power-washer, but it still leaves enough residue behind to leave streaks. Once all that is settled and washed from the cracks, we'll seal them, perhaps annually. Besides the protection, it gives them a nice satin sheen.

Funny about your dad and the Jag! He knew...

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Randy Forbes said:

The rubber isolators for the exhaust system didn't survive the 1150 miles down the interstate on a transporter, and they're a lot easier to replace while standing up!

Looks nice. I, too would need a new house to get a garage like that (not gonna happen in htis lifetime)

If you use the stock isolators, I wrapped a loop of stainless lock wire around each one of mine to keep them together.

tgs40ford

Freshman Member
Randy, For some reason I have not figured out how to reply on this forum correctly. I tried to answer you a few days ago when you ask if i was amember of the local Healey club but my answer never made it for some reason. I live a few miles south of you in Sarasota. I have been here most of my life. I'm not a current memeber of the AH club but i have talked to a member and he tells me they are very active. I just bought a 1962 BT7 similar to the one i had in 1963, a few weeks ago and have been working on it a bit. Its a driver. Have you had any experiance with having an AH steering wheel restored? Looking for a good recomendation to send it off to.
I have a lift similar to yours. I had to make some floor spacers/ adapters to get the car high enough to be able to get the arm pads under the frame. I just had to replace the exhaust system and rubber exhaust mounts as well. Sounds like you have your hands full with the new house and driveway. Welcome to Florida.
Tate 941 650 9004