• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ratzenfratzen DMV and Emissions

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Lost both rounds with them.

I have to get Emma inspected. Although the wording clearly says, "cars 25 years or older that qualify for antique plates" (for exemption) She's 25+ and qualifies. It does NOT say the vehicles have to HAVE antique plates.

And we applied for title. The woman basically told us the state would send it all back since there's no Alabama title.

I'm not done with these people yet. ((and Emma won't pass emissions inspection, I'm sure of it))

Joe Reed

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Don't ya just hate the government bureaucrats who feel empowered to misinterpret any regulation the choose to mean what THEY think it does - even when it's written in simple English? I've been fighting that battle with the Federal regulators for years in my business...even having to go so far as to have THEIR legal staff tell them they are wrong! Of course, that backfired and they've been out to get me ever since. That's why I'm trying to find a new job/career at age 56....

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Tut, tut - remember: 'tis the season!

(Unfortunately, bureaucratic lunacy is not seasonal, but perennial!)

Hope it goes well, and I'm sure they're gonna love dealing with The Mighty Jaybird... Go get 'em!

Mickey

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
JB: if you're guys are as strict as the CA guys are, you'll definitely have problems with twins under the bonnet.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I have a letter on Alabama state letterhead stating that they do NOT title pre 1975 cars. I also have the 'exemption' clause from the IL DMV website.

I may have to get Emma inspected, and I may not get my title without titling Binabox in MO first, but I'm not going down without a good, healthy fight.

Joe Reed

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Raymond....I work for a credit union (Federal charter)...Sr. V.P., Lending...wish I was rich so I could just quit and do something I would really enjoy, but I have an MGB to feed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
No twins under the bonnet(other than my hooters) -- yet. They're about to get shipped off for rebuild. Just that stinky ol, Stromberg.

Mike H

Jedi Hopeful
Dealing with any government employee, state, federal or local is always fun.

Just be glad, as one of fellow club members experienced (or so he said) that they didn't ask how to spell MG.

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
Raymond....I work for a credit union (Federal charter)...Sr. V.P., Lending...wish I was rich so I could just quit and do something I would really enjoy, but I have an MGB to feed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can relate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I actually did some work for the Feds back in the '90s during the big S&L shutdown - lot of people weren't too happy about that! Around here it seems like a new bank or credit union is opening every week, what's up with that?

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
I have a letter on Alabama state letterhead stating that they do NOT title pre 1975 cars. I also have the 'exemption' clause from the IL DMV website.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a link somewhere to a company that specialized in procuring titles for untitled cars, and I thought they worked out of Alabama. If you had a 'rumph I could offer you a signed title(complete with body tags), but you had to have that 'Other' LBC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
...Around here it seems like a new bank or credit union is opening every week, what's up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they're trying to over whelm bank robbers with too many banks to choose from in an attempt to reduce bank robbery all together? *shrug* I could be wrong on this... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Joe Reed

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Lots of big bank mergers are making lots of upper level execs very wealthy. They use their windfall to open a small local bank, grow it, sell it to a bigger bank, use their windfall to open a small local bank........

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
When I brought my mg out of its long slumber I went through the same thing with the CA DMV about emissions. My car is exempt from CA smog testing and I went down to the dmv with proof of insurance and the page about the smog exemption printed off. Walked out of there with NOTHING. Lady at the counter didn't care that the car was exempt. No smog certificate no registration period. Who knows what the problem was with her. Komifornia DMV is heck on earth and I wasted 2 hours there for nothing and I had an appointment. I ended up just sending the renewal form in and got the sticker and reg without a problem.

It didn't stop me from taking a few small trips around town though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LarryP

Freshman Member
Speaking of 'bureaucratic lunacy', you should try working with a bureaucrat who is a lawyer. Or is that a lawyer who is a bureaucrat? The whole is less, much less, than the sum of it's parts.

Now that you know how my day has gone I will go have another drink ........

Larry

LLAngus

Jedi Knight
Stewart--i went to the local CSAA office (I'm a member) and they handled the whole thing. Walked out with new plates and stickers.