• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I hate snow

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
So I've got everything that the Tunebug needs for inspection and licensing done except the muffler/tailpipe issue. Just need to drive it over to the muffler shop and have them do a bit of final bending and cutting of the pipe to get everything lined up. Even spoke with my boss at work and she's okay with me taking the time off at short notice to get it done. I could get it all done tomorrow.

Except that it is snowing outside right now. :madder:

Supposed to snow tomorrow as well, so I'll have to wait until Tuesday for another day I can have clear to get this done. I know it's only a few more days, but I'm ready right now!

Waa.

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
That's quite something, JP. Wow. Surprised it's in Boston. Around here, that's usually an Idaho effort.

That said, I'd drive it just for the giggle factor.

kellysguy said:
Shorts, tee shirt and bare foot here.
I could wear that here as well, of course, but I'd freeze to death quickly.
grin.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Drew,

Two words - "snow tires".

- Doug

toysrrus

Yoda
"SNOW" nearing the end of Apr. Geeezzz!

Mid to Upper 70s here.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Russ

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
toysrrus said:
"SNOW" nearing the end of Apr. Geeezzz!
Not unusual to have it into late May either. Brrrr.

The only advantage to snow this time of year is that it is often warm and sunny when you get home from work. As it was today, in fact.

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
AngliaGT said:
Two words - "snow tires"
Could you still get them in Bugeye sizes? I think the ones on my Honda are probably too big.
grin.gif

twas_brillig

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Our sole year-round vehicle is a 10 year old BMW, with steel rims and 4 snow tyres for 'winter' and the alloys and regular rubber for the 'summer'. I figure I'll keep the snows on until the same weekend early folks start putting their gardens in: the 3rd weekend of May.

Seriously: with luck, we'll get a big dump or two yet (touch wood) as this past winter has been the warmest and driest across Canada in either 'ever recorded' or 'such a darn long time it's near enuff', and Alberta is looking a province wide water shortages due to the lack of precipitation.

And the nice thing about that 4x4 Midget is that it's up so high it's probably okay for driving in the winter in New England 'cause the snow and salt shouldn't usually quite that deep.

Doug

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
drooartz said:
AngliaGT said:
Two words - "snow tires"
Could you still get them in Bugeye sizes? I think the ones on my Honda are probably too big.
grin.gif

They actually had a pair on ebay not too many months ago mounted on rims.

and, yes you can get them

Country flag
drooartz said:
So I've got everything that the Tunebug needs for inspection and licensing done except the muffler/tailpipe issue. Just need to drive it over to the muffler shop and have them do a bit of final bending and cutting of the pipe to get everything lined up. Even spoke with my boss at work and she's okay with me taking the time off at short notice to get it done. I could get it all done tomorrow.

Except that it is snowing outside right now. :madder:

Supposed to snow tomorrow as well, so I'll have to wait until Tuesday for another day I can have clear to get this done. I know it's only a few more days, but I'm ready right now!

Waa.

I've been battling the weather trolls here too....MGB sits in the owner's garage because of rain and cold weather..... :cryin: Picking it up next Thursday no matter what! :laugh:

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
The Tunebug does know all about snow and ice. There was snow in just about all the passes between San Diego and Midway when I brought him home four years ago. Once he was safe in the garage I swore to him it would be the last time he'd have to see snow.

tunebugsickle.jpg