• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I hate por15

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
I por'd the floors and sills this afternoon in preparation of installing sound deadening and interior this weekend. Went well wore glove so I didn't get any on my hands and when finished did a quick check and didn't see any on my arms or else where but I didn't bother to look in mirror.

A few hours later went to wash up for dinner and poof some how I splattered that stuff on my face and while I was able to get some of it off the rest is going to be there for a few weeks.

Arg

I'm buying a face shield and covering my self in plastic when I do the underside of the car.

Steve_S

Yoda
LOL!!! Don't bother scrubbing, you have to cut that stuff off! I got a bit on my hands once and it was there for a few days, maybe a week. The instructions do not lie about this! :smile:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Says a lot for it's adhesion ability! Nice test!
sign0191.gif
happy0148.gif

dklawson

Yoda
ROFLMAO !!!

I've gotten it all over my hands when the rubber gloves I wore got punctured. Sorry about the face. That's a tough break.

V

vagt6

Thanks for posting that important reminder!

This post is an excellent reminder to wear full protective gear when using any potentially (read the label!) dangerous substance:

> Eye protection (NOT just glasses);
> Appropriate gloves;
> Long-sleeve shirt and/or protective clothing;
> Respiratory protection (read the label);
> Did I mention to read the label and warnings before proceeding?? If it cautions you to wear specific protective gear, do so!

It's worth any and/or all the trouble and expense to wear appropriate protective gear. Injuries suffered by hobbyists and shadetree mechanics are the most tragic of all.

Sorry, I'm in the safety biz and stuff like this reminds me . . .

mccalebr

Jedi Knight
If you can remember to do it, you might also consider using a lotion on the non-covered body parts before going out to paint...not the expensive stuff, but the cheap stuff that makes you feel greasy. Most paints will not stick well to lotioned skin.

Oh...be careful about using the scented stuff...sure as the world, one or more of your buddies will stop by...with you smelling oh so sweet...

Ray

19_again

Jedi Warrior
Whenever it comes to anything with directions I try to remember to read them, I believe that you always want to avoid the question "What were you thinking?" There is never a good enough answer to that one.

Jarhead

Jedi Hopeful
Then there are those days when you think you are magnetic and it seems like no matter what you do you get something on you. I have shirts that I can count on, so I wear them when I know it will be messy! :rolleyes:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
mccalebr said:
If you can remember to do it, you might also consider using a lotion on the non-covered body parts before going out to paint...not the expensive stuff, but the cheap stuff that makes you feel greasy. Most paints will not stick well to lotioned skin. Ray

When I was a kid in school, I worked part time for a barn painter. We always smeared cold cream on our exposed skin areas. Coming out of a barn that you just sprayed with white paint, you'd look like a ghost. A little soap and water and your ready to go dancing!
happy0034-1.gif
Don't know about Pore 15 though.