I just started working on the fuel gauge on my TR3A. Previously it didn’t register at all. Now it is showing just under 1/8 tank of gas when I know by measuring with a stick that I have almost 2/3 tank of gas. Can someone advise me on what I may need to do to get the fuel gauge to read correctly?
Here are the measurements I took today all with the ignition switch. turned on:
1) Fuel gauge reading just under 1/8 tank.
2) Voltage across the fuel gauge hot terminal and fuel gauge “T” terminal is 8.2 volts
3) Voltage across “T” terminal and dash ground is 4.3 volts.
4) Voltage across tank sender unit negative terminal and positive terminal is 4.3 volts.
5) Voltage between fuel gauge hot terminal and dash ground is 12.5 volts.
The tank sender unit is a new one from TRF.
Thanks for the help!