• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Low Miles TR6 on eBay

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
I don't normally stalk TR6s on eBay but this one caught my eye as I do have a saved search for cars here in Tucson. Presented as a 1976 TR6 with 6,900 original miles:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-Trium...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Looks like it could be the real deal - the original sticker and dealer installed CB radio (Breaker Breaker Good Buddy) are interesting.

Obviously a premium price to reflect the low miles - though how much premium that should carry is debatable.

Certainly not the car for me as I would drive it and there would go its uniqueness - but nice to see a preservation example that looks this good (in photos).

If anyone here is seriously interested I could probably check it out. I'd enjoy seeing it but don't want to be just a tire-kicker when someone is trying to sell.

Country flag
I would be a bit suspicious about mileage and condition. It looks nice, missing air pump and all plumbing. Can't see manifold that well but looks like older non pumbed manifold. What is the red dot on speedo. Didn't look it over that close. I have a 76 that is 200 numbers newer than that one with 57k miles that is original other than one respray.

Marv

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
TR6s seem to be getting a little pricey in general if you look at asking prices. if I do a local area Craigslist search I come up with a $18,000 car and a $26,000 car ( with 50,000 and something miles. Of course asking price isn't necessarily selling price, but I have noticed the nicer cars seem to be in the high teen asking price area. Based on no knowledge other than my feeling that is a lot of money for a nice TR6, which are fine cars, but they built quite a few and the survivors out there. Would be interesting to see what the eBay car gets.

Last edited:
Country flag
If you reduced me to only one LBC it would be a TR6. Have put thousands of miles on them. Prices are actually coming down on them since so many people are starting to sell their toys. A good driver is around $6/8 k and of course the full resto at $25kish.
Marv

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
I notice the vacuum retard module on the distributor is getting vacuum from the wrong source. He's using the ported vacuum location on the rear carb that would normally be for the EGR (if it had not been removed) instead of the manifold vacuum source that's located on the bottom of the front carb for this year TR6 carb.
I don't know what affect that had on performance, but I suspect retarding the ignition timing with an open throttle would be counterproductive.