• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Who Drove Today?

Musicman

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. That's what the drive was like this afternoon. Fall colors all over, temperature right at 82 degrees, sun and beautiful blue skies with white puffy clouds...

Add to that crusin' in the six with the Rocky Mountains in the windshied... you get the picture.

PATR8

Jedi Knight
It was beautiful here today too. The leaves have just started to change so we do not have much color but it will be soon. Was 82 and great. I did allot of errand running with the top down. The name Sinister8 seems to have caught on. The local policeman was at the post office when I was there. He had not seen the 8 yet but the local mechanic who works on the township cars must have told him about it. He walked out and then back in. He said he was not sure if he like the paint job except it definately was distinct and he thought it was sinister looking. Then he told me that the local mechanic who I was talking with let him in on its name. When I fired it up and got ready to leave the told me that He would pull me over just from the combo nation colors and the sound cause it "sounds fast".

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hot and Humid in CT today - A rare occurrence for October - Leaves not quite changed yet but what a beautiful TR-full day this has been here as well! Of course the roar of SU/Intake and resonator exhaust is now present where once normal hearing was. Kind a like a constant low pitched buzzin' noise now?

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
Took a 35 mile ride today.

perfect weather!~!!85* sunny!

jdubois

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Unfortunately none of my Triumphs are drivable at the moment. It was a perfect day to be out and about and I really wished I was able to take the Spit for a spin. But I had the Spit's flywheel in the back of the 308, so it was an honorary Triumph for the day. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

TR_Jim

Jedi Trainee
I had the GT6 out today. Warm and humid here, and of course, one little black cloud let loose for about 5 minutes. Just enough to get the wipers going. But, I enjoyed the ride anyway... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
Rather warm and humid here in upstate New York as well. But it was a good time to do some chores on the Herald: drill out remnants of old zerk and install new one for LF trunnion, replace LF wheel bearings and races, grease chassis, adjust brakes (more of a chore on this car, since there are six adjusters), and a minor tuneup, all in prep for a trip next week. Only got to drive enough to "road test" repairs. Of course, it's supposed to be rainy most all of next week...but then, it's a Herald sedan, so no worries! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

davidk

Jedi Trainee
Not today, but last Thursday night was our local monthly car show at the parking lot of a hamburger place. Cooler weather and no chance of rain, so there was a good turnout. In addition to my TR-6, there was an Austin Healey, a bug eyed Sprite, and an early 30's Rolls Royce. The British crowd was well represented.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Drove the 7.5 on to ramps,does that count?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Took the TR8 out to the local winery for their Jazz on the Lawn series. Joined Tony Barnhill and his MUCH better half, Jerri. Great tunes, fine conversation, and wonderful wine. Doesn't get any better!

D

DougF

Our club had a Dam Tour. We drove around to some of the dams on local rivers.
I made a wrong turn on the way home that added about 40 miles to the trip. I hate when that happens!
Beautiful day for a drive.
Put about 200 miles on the car.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thats what you call a Dam Good Day /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

RomanH

Jedi Knight
Drove through the Kettle Moraine state park in Wisconsin today. It was a beautiful drive but the colors had not really changed yet. All of the trees were still mostly green.
Put on about 250 miles by the time I made it home tonight. What a glorious July day!
Oh,..... I forgot that it’s October.
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

D

DougF

We had about 22 cars on the run. An MG, two Healey 3000's, two Mia cough! cough! tas and the rest were 3's, 4's, 250's,
6's, and a couple of 8's. Oh yes, there was also a Porsche.
No car problems though the Miata's had trouble at times keeping the pace.
I did manage to hit a raccoon. First time I've done it without knocking the exhaust loose. I couldn't get out of it's way. Fortunately, it was already dead.
I also managed to dig up about a pound of asphalt with my front sway bar mounts.
I never did see a dam.

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
getting geared up right now to take a nice cruise up in the Litchfield hills, I'll let ya know how it goes.

partly sunny 80* in Ct.

tomshobby

Yoda
Shirley and I took a top down drive in our TR6 late last night and into the early hours of this morning.
It was a little different than our other drives because we went out to join our son, Brad, on part of his "Iron Butt" ride. The "Iron Butt" is where someone makes a 1,000 mile ride on a motorcycle in less than 24 hours.
Brad had started out from Tomah, WI at 4am yesterday morning with 4 other riders. They went to Sioux Falls and then to Omaha. Then through Des Moines to Dubuque where the other four gave up and Brad continued on. We met him at a gas station south of Madison, WI and drove with him to Portage, WI where he continued on back to Tomah. Not too long after we returned home he called and announced his successful completion of the ride.
And, as always, we are proud parents!

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Very envious here. High was 46F yesterday with rain and occasional snow. Not much better today. Going to warm up mid week, so maybe a drive will be in order. Had the 4 in the garage doing maintenance and watching college football.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Fall has come to the desert (at least temporarily) as we have had highs in the 70s... but will be back in the 90s for the drive to Triumphest on Wednesday.

I drive them everyday, if only because there is nothing else to drive.

NickMorgan

Jedi Knight
Although this is yesterday's thread, I drove the TR today. Up early, watch the Grand Prix then head out in the TR to the next town to buy some petrol and a paper. I then took the long way home. I like it when that happens!

T

Tinster

Amos drove twice today (Sunday)
We got left in the dust by this old,
classic race car!

roadrace.jpg
[/img]