• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Found is as I drove around town early this morning

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I'll find out the story tomorrow. Based on the photos...what a best guess on value assuming engine and transmission are intact? Looking through the side window the seats looked very good...rest of the interior looked okay. Console with period radio.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I don't remember when they went to triple wipers, sometime after 68, anywho, looks like some significant rust maybe trying to poke through, if it runs and drives maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of a grand, if it doesn't somewhat less, but that's a bit of a WAG.

Country flag
My best guess: That is a 70 or 71 (assuming the front fenders are original) with an early style grill and tail lights.

58Custom

Jedi Warrior
Lots of rust indicated. Lots of miles I'd guess so the wire wheel splines and the hubs are probably near the end. A car that looks like that has probably got a lot of electrical hackage. Look it over carefully but I would not pay more than 500. To me it's a parts car. Take more pix when you get to see it.

OP
W

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
It's a pre "facelift" Midget MK III late 1968 to late 1969, I believe. Weather permitting, I will take a detailed look today.

Country flag
If it is a prefacelift car, then someone put post face lift bumpers on it and filled the holes for the chrome trim. Doesn't have holes for sidemarkers either.

hmmm... could be either.

OP
W

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Trevor

My production date opinion was partially based on the interior. The door panels are definitely pre October 1969. The door panels have the insert but w/o the white piping of the earlier cars. The steering wheel was the banjo style.

Country flag
Triple wipers arrived at the end of '68 or early '69. By then the banjo wheel was gone (I think). I'm thinking the tub is a 70 or 71 and they swapped over a bunch of stuff from a mk II midget. Is the dash padded or metal? It is not trivial to install a metal dash on a three wiper cowl.

HAN8L1965

Jedi Warrior
I'm seeing a lot of rust, lower A pilars, lower sill, I would say from experience that the inner foot well side walls are also gone and it looks like the rear quarters are on their way out. I agree with Tom $500.00 may be a high side. Definetly a project car

Mark

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
A-Posts are not that hard to do. Everything comes apart and Ray you certainly are qualitied to put this back together, you've BTDT with both Whitephrogs. Agree this is probably a $5-600 car but I'm sure owner will see this as worth far more than that. 3 Wipers began in '69 Model Year. Now that WhitePhrog is done you need another Project.

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
You guys are all spoiled. If that car was in Massachusetts it would be considered a creampuff with a couple spots to repair. You don't know rust until you've seen a 20 year old car after multi seasons of salt and sand. Give the guy a $1000. I see a LOT of negative comments on this forum whenever anyone is looking at a possible buy. Do you all expect concours condition for what are probably just good drivers ? Bob

HAN8L1965

Jedi Warrior
Bob, I got that for free in Ohio, 3 years+ later she is a beauty but that is a lot of work for anyone. Just being honest when a question is asked.

M_and_P

But you did not get any pics of the 1984 Mercury Capri....

58Custom

Jedi Warrior
Bob, if someone asks for opinions about a Spridget purchase on this forum they will get some honest replies. I would not want less myself. I gave a value assessment based on what I saw in the pictures and I stand by it. If Ray would have to have rust repair done for for him it's gonna cost to he should pay as little for that crate as he can. If he's the optimistic sort, then bold truth is the best favor I can do for him before the purchase.

Plenty of low-rust & complete Spridgets in the West, and it's cheaper the truck them than to have A pillars and floors replaced at a body shop.

OP
W

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I'm beginning to agree with Trevor. The steering wheel and dash appears to be the same as the large photo in Horler's book on page 98. The seat covers that appear to be relatively new don't seem to match any factory seats...I like them however. I still haven't been able to find anyone to talk to about the car. I'll leave a note on the windshield tomorrow. The wire wheels look to be indecent shape. Interior photos shot through the side window.