• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Who drove their Healey today?

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
50 degrees and sunny here in the Nation's Capital, so I decided to take Bay for her first real drive since she was delivered last month. Top down, portable iPod speakers in the passanger seat playing my favorite 1960s hits. Delightful!

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I'm jealous, does that answer your question? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
See the Pub for my post about commitments. I know perhaps I should have been or be committed but driving Agatha is the joy of my life. Indeed I have to pick up some prescriptions for the in-laws and it's about a 20 mile round trip. The temperature will be in the high 30's to low 40's and I intend to enjoy every mile of the trip, top down of course. Perhaps I'll time it for a tasty high cholesterol DQ lunch complete with a sundae.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
Columbus, Ohio

Sunday

Temps hit mid 40,s...10 mile jaunt in the 100..leather gloves, jacket, serengetti shades.....

Healey ran like a top!!

TomFromStLouis

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
My excuse is that my Healey is trapped by driveway repairs. My other excuse is that I did not drive ANY car today.

A tip of my cap to you Judow: 30s, top down AND ice cream!

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Boy your really hitting below the belt. Any other year, maybe, but now it will be quite awhile before its driven again.

Randy Harris

Jedi Warrior
Took her around the block this morning, just to keep the tires from going square. Does that count?
The cold, wet weather in No. Calif. has really gotten in the way of enjoying our legendary year round driving pleasures. Should be nice for the next several days, so I'll try to burn some fossil fuel this weekend.
Randy
'66 BJ8

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I don't qualify as driving but I did have my 100/6 running today for the first time in a couple months. Bob

MarkA

Jedi Trainee
My BJ8 gets a drive almost every weekday back and forth to work (35 miles round trip). On the weekends, it gets out for a drive with my better half or to drop off one of the kids. The heater works great for those cold days. The top almost keeps out all of the rain on the wet days! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Mark

RobWarren

Jedi Hopeful
Every weekday and weekends?

Outstanding work Mark. I'm a weekends only man as I get the ferry to work, but the weekends are 'any excuse for a drive to the beaches' weekends.

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I was out in my wife's BN7 yesterday--great day for it.

BTW Bill (Mad River) I don't know if you are a member of the Capital Area AHC but if not and you are interested in learning more about our activities please let me know.

bob hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Been increasing my carbon foot print most week ends over Christmas period and the new year.

Hope you are all suitably jealous

Bob

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Fridays…End of the workweek, Hawaiian shirts, driving the Healey to work and a martini before dinner. Life is great….

tiga2

Jedi Trainee
....Sounds good, going out tomorrow, supposed to be 60+ and NO wind, it has been blowing like heck for days! (7200 ft)

dphilippo

Sunny and 58 here in Atlanta, I drove to work this morning top up, ran errands at lunch top down, and I'm about to hit the interstate for an 80mph run back home down I-85. Life couldn't be better.

Drew
65 BJ8

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif It's Saturday, noon temps in Albuquerque expected to be in lower 50's, here in my town mid 40's , and I'm ready to shower and dress for the day. Temps will start at upper 30's to low 40's going into Albuquerque. Agatha and I have errands to do - top down of course. First stop will be local transfer station, followed by post office and then on to town for a few more errands. I expect a great drive in and back. Engine heat and heater will make me toasty added to ear muffs and gloves.

No whimp am I!

Life is too short not to enjoy, no matter how crazy the couch potatoes think we are. This old lady and Agatha will be tooling today! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

healeys4me

Sooo I told my wife that this weekend I would not drive the Healey and do some work around the house. Then I see this thread, boy am I in trouble. . .

Off the the bat cave, unwrap the BJ8, fire up the beast, and find some winding roads in Virginia. Maybe sleeping in the car tonight!

The price we pay!

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/angel.gif You can do both. Start working some around the house and break the hammer, screwdriver, anything for an excuse to go to the hardware store far away. You go guy. I won't tell the wife I encouraged you.

Just got back from my tooling, to via the interstate (40) and from via Rte 66. A great time was had by the both of us.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

Think I'll do the Turquoise Trail tomorrow and have lunch in Madrid.

P.S. Husband coming home on Monday.

fwtexasbj8

Country flag
70 degrees in Fort Worth today and for the first time in 3 week, hardly any wind! What a great day for a drive. Sorry to make everyone up North jealous.