• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wedge took the TR8 plunge yesterday.

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
I bought a 28,000 mile nearly all original TR8 a couple of years ago. The car was purchased new in late 1983 and put in storage in 1986. When I bought the car, it was solid but in sad overall condition. A couple of years of work and it is ready for the road. The final step was dropping the tranny to unstick the clutch disc. This is my sixth TR8, and the previous five were highly modified. Now that this one is ready, I just can't bring myself to drive a bone stock car. After about an hour of debating myself, I went out to the garage and started tearing it apart again. I just can't see myself driving a trailer queen. Off came the smog equipment, air conditioning, exhaust and intake. This might make it a little tough to hit Carlisle in May.

Tosh

Jedi Trainee
T8T,
You are an addict. You need help. My sincerest sympathy to you and your significant others.
You should seek out a support group of others with problems similar to those which you descr.....what?.....oh, never mind. Sorry.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Once Triumph modification is too many, and one thousand are not enough.

Or as my wife says frequently, "you just can't help yourself, can you?"

MDCanaday

Jedi Knight
If a LBC owner DOESN'T tinker with his(her)car, then they will soon become previous owners.These cars need love and attention ....if this also involves certain up-dates to make them more safe,reliable,comfortable or faster...well its better than neglect!!
MD(mad dog)

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
T8T- There are support groups for people like us!

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
And that's my story, officer and I'm sticking to it!!

Whisper01

Freshman Member
Todd Todd Todd
Stop and smell the fuel before
you take it apart. What are you
going to do to this one. Maybe
see the Woodster!
Barry
PS Have another "8" next week :smile:>)

OP
T

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
I originally thought I could fix this baby up and make a few bucks selling it. Problem is TR8s are seriously undervalued, and the pieces are getting expensive. I doubt I'll ever come across another that is as clean as this one. I figure it's worth 8 grand as it sits, and maybe worth 12 grand after I put 10 grand in mods into it. Who can argue with that kind of financial planning? I guess I'll either have to come out of early retirement or sell off that [censored] BMW race car to finance this one. It justs sits outside envying the Brit cars in the garage anyway. Anybody in the market for a sweet BMW 2002 race car? It will run circles around those so called "classic" Triumphs. hehehe digdigdig nudgenudgenudge.

Cheapsnake

Jedi Trainee
Todd, you are indeed in need of an intervention and I am willing to step forward with some tough love. First thing we need to do is get rid of that newly aquired TR8 and I, charitable person that I am, hereby volunteer to remove it from your temptations. So your first step to recovery is to call Stewart Transport and have them pick that devil's tool up and ship it out here to Wisconsin where it will never again keep you awake at night thinking about all the devious things you could (and probably will) do to it.

However, if you're beyond help, enjoy the car. Six TR8's? That's crazy!

ps: Tosh, that is an absolutely gorgeous 6! Almost the same color as my Cobra.

G

But I'm closer - and although it's snowing outside, it's just a sprinkling. I promise to give it a good home /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G

So?

I'm not flying out until Tuesday night. Plenty of time to take a little trip up to Mass before then.

PATR8

Jedi Knight
Another TR8, you should not go Bogart-ing all the 8's. I had put money down on a disassembled 8 I found. I contacted a few people who i knew needed parts and let them know i could help them, I got back from Kansas and found the 8 had been bought even though I had put money down. SO alas I am looking for a DHC to go with my FHC.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Take the title for the 6 maybe todd will do a straight swap.

OP
T

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
The 2002 is a 74 square tail light car. It has two big motors(one is a sprare), a CR gearbox, glass fenders hood and trunk, a full cage, volvo brakes, coil-overs on all four corners, eurethane, sways, strut brace, rear brace/battery relocate, VDO gauges, MSD ignition, full cage, kirkey seat, remote oil cooler, turbo radiator, a set of 40 and 45 DCOEs, and more. It comes with spare OD 5speed, subframes, rear ends, glass, and doors. Needs a new coat of paint, windshield rubbers, and someone to love it.

Attachments

• 4513-DSC00831.JPG
    4513-DSC00831.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 71

Twosheds

Darth Vader
I crewed on a 2002 in SCCA in the late '70s - early 80s. Man was it quick! Twin Webers, all tricked out.

It was B-Sedan, then GT-2, we ran in the same race as A-Sedan/GT-1, B Production, ASR, etc.

It was cool to watch Fred blow the doors off Corvettes and Mustangs and stuff. He would finish maybe third overall and first in class, ahead of lots of more powerful cars. Or he would DNF.

Those were the days!