• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

snow in the forecast for later this week...

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
snow in the forecast for later this week... but it was clear sunny & in the mid fifty's when home for lunch today so I drove Bridget this afternoon - might be the last drive of the season, usually put them away on remembrance day... always a sad time of the year when the LBC's have to be put to bed.

G

Wearin' shorts and drivin' long.

Then again we broil in the summer...

Country flag
Our good driving weather is split. Spring is nice. Summer is usually too hot. Fall is great. Winter is not actually too bad except for the salt.

D

Deleted member 8987

'twas 32F last night here.....and rain today....so the studded tyres went on this afternoon, and the Jag is in the geeeee-rahj.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Already had snow and cold, MGB and BMW went into storage a couple weeks ago. Now we just wait out the long dark times...

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's too bad. Weather really getting nice down here. Should be good through Christmas. Then we will have a month of winter, Feb through May is good again.

61frogeye

Jedi Trainee
Weather here is still pretty good but chilly. Took a fall leaves tour the other morning, I had just opened the valve for the heater so my lower legs stayed nice and warm. It's time to put the top back on though.

RickB

Yoda
Not me, I'm still driving every day.

Installing a heater set in your drivers seat is highly recommended - I can't tell you how nice it is on a cold frosty morning. You really would have to feel it to understand.

The heat from the car does help but the electric heat in the seat bottom and back starts up almost immediately and it just makes it so nice to drive even if the rest of me is cold those parts are warm and that really makes a huge difference.
I have driven this car through every winter since I bought it and now with just a few frosty mornings I can really tell that this winter is going to be different.

Plus having changed out my fuse box for more modern gear I feel confident I won't have the electrical issues that plagued me last winter.

61frogeye

Jedi Trainee
Yesterday morning was a beautiful, chilly fall morning so I was out in the BE for hours. This morning there is snow on the ground, but only a light dusting. I am about 2 miles south of lake Erie a bit West of Cleveland. It looks like the clouds are clearing off...........

OP
Jer

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The snow came yesterday & it's still on the ground this morning, enough to almost cover the grass... farewell driving season 2011 !
Sometime in March 2012 I should see some "teaser" days...

Sopwith_Camel

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
yeah i have to put shaggy (spridget) and kitty (jag mk2) away next week, thick frost on the ground this morning, no snow yet.
summer tires a illegal here after october 20th

sigh
steve