• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Snow Arrived This Afternoon

RJS

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Well snow arrived in S.W. Connecticut late this afternoon. It may not stick but, if they salt the roads tonight then my season is officially over. The sad ritual of winter storage prep will begin tomorrow.

Lot's of reading, project planning and posting on BCF for the next few months!

Bob

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Sorry to hear that Bob - We actually had snow in Houston yesterday, about a couple inches. But then it doesn't stick down here!

Randy

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
I think we beat you, Bob, down here In Mississippi.
THIS MORNING
100_1105.jpg

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
Here in the Capital Region of New York, we got about 2-3"; only briefly did it actually accumulate at all on the roads. But apparently it was enough to have the crews plow my road (State highway) four times already! Possible OT, anyone? :wink:

Couldn't tell, though, if they salted. Hope not, since I might have to drive the Herald awhile, seeing as the old Mercury Mystique daily driver is giving me untold grief....

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
We had dark clouds in the sky here today, does that count for anything?

(didn't actually rain or anything crazy like that)

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
We got it in SE Mass at about 5:30PM tonight. About an inch of wet, sloppy snow. I just want it to stay warm enough to keep the garage decent to install my gauges later this week.

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Andrew Mace said:
seeing as the old Mercury Mystique daily driver is giving me untold grief....
Have a buddy who had one of those.... we called it a Mercury Mistake, of course...

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
tdskip said:
She looks pretty good in the snow actually.

Since when did you start calling Bill a she? :devilgrin:

toysrrus

Yoda
Howdy Folks,

The forecast down here was for 1" - 3" of the white stuff as of last wk. Thurs. So; The TR3 pickup was postponed to today, Sun. 12-06.

As it turned out; Only Drizzle & temps in the low to mid 50s. I spoke to some family members still back in the Pocono Mtns of PA & They are getting up to 6" of the White Stuff. Man, Am I glad to be down here in the "Up-State, SC" area!

Right now; Excitement, Anticipation, Anxiety & Clear Skies Ahead to pick up my "New/Old" toy. Can`t Wait. Why is`nt She in my garage yet?

See Y`All Later,

Russ

OP
RJS

RJS

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Every year is a bit different. Some years I've put her away as early as the beginning of November, others as late as New Years. It has nothing to do with the cold (have been seen driving with full winter parka, hat and gloves) but, rather, road salt. In fact, I think they've switched over from salt to some other chemical treatment in recent years. It appears more effective, washes off the roads quicker than salt but, man is it corrosive. It really rips the roads to shreds and I've actually seen it pit chrome on good cars.

One nice thing about putting your car in winter storage is that when you finally pull the cover off and fire her up in the spring, the excitement and anticipation are almost as good as when you first bought the car or went on that first drive after a resto - what a blast!

Bob
PS: some day if I have more space and some heat in my garage I can schedule my project work in the winter
PPS: then again, I think the wife likes it when I "take a few months" off from my obsession!

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
For heat in the shop, I use a 20,000 btu K-1 kerosene heater. Works well, will heat my 576 sf space on a cold day to a comfortable level in about an hour. On a really cold day, I use two of them.
Have to shut them down if playing with an type of flamables (gas, brake cleaner, spray paint, etc.) due to the open flame, but they burn clean.

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]
Since when did you start calling Bill a she?
[/QUOTE]

poolboy said:

Oh my - well I goofed on that. Would making a nice and spicy pot of jambalaya for the block be adequate penance Ken?

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Snow is forcast for Monday morning here in the Central Valley of California. I have not seen snowfall in the forcast since 1976! This should be a real mess if it happens! People here are forced to chain up in the mountains when they see a snow flake (mainly to slow them down) and they still wreck. When we lived in the Great White North (PEI) we drove the Snow/ice/sand covered back roads at speeds that would make Jeza Clarkson wet himself. If it happens it should be real fun. My camera will be at the ready.

Paul

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
Now where in the world did you learn how to make jambalaya, Tom ?

swift6

Yoda
A fresh 5" to wake up to this morning. About the fifth time this year though I think. I don't really count how many times it snows anymore. The sun will come out and melt most, if not all, of it off shortly anyway.