• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Picked up my new [200] Landcruiser yesterday.

gjh2007

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Finally after 5 weeks of having to drive my TR250 because I sold My Range Rover I got my 2000 Landcruiser. It was a private sale with 65,000 miles on it. I had to drive home about 40 miles on highway & backroads & gotta say, it is one sweet truck. The 4.7 litre 32 valve (Lexus) V8 really sings! The truck is over 5000 lbs, but I looked down & was ticking 80 & didn't even know it. The fit & finish is beautiful, it has every option, including real wood trim ($540!). The original sticker was $50k base & loaded up to $58k with back row seating, dual A/C, running boards, roof rack.... Paid low 20's for it, about $7-8k less than any dealer I saw listing them. I keep my cars for at least 5-6 years, so I should get my monies worth.

Should be great for towing my 22' Grady & my LBC.

Merry Christmas to me!

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Gary, Merry Christmas indeed!
Gotta love em, I know I love mine but I have an older FZJ80 with the 4.5L I6, I have pulled a few things with it and its very capable. You have a UZJ100, They dont make the FJ any longer, Not to be snotty, Just an FYI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think you will be happy with it, You shouldnt have all the odd Maint. issues like you may have had with the Rang-e.
Good luck

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Those modern Land Cruisers are great vehicles...plus you got a heck of deal. Never would get a deal like that in this part of the country.

Enjoy it and use it in good health!

OP
G

gjh2007

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thanks, & I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I got to drive to NY Thurs AM & Back this afternoon, (Sunday) into a Snowy New England. Truck is super comfortable with my two teenage kids & two big Labs. Even so, I had the box on top stuffed with winter clothes & Christmas presents. Last 80 miles of trip was fairly heavy snow at 24 deg, so not much ice. Truck handled it beautifully. About 10 miles from home I pulled off the state highway on a slight hard 90 deg downgrade just a little too fast. Was heading for a truck parked at the light, but took my foot off the brakes & powered the thing around the corner with a reverse lock to pull the rear back into shape. A warning buzzer goes off & the VSC (vehicle skid control) light comes on showing it activated. Pretty cool, felt like I was in the Space shuttle or something. Anyhow, it sucks the gas as bad as my '88 Rangie did, but much more comfy.

I think I'm gonna like this thing! 10-12" of blowing snow tonight on the coast, off work tomorrow, can't wait to go play in the snow, like a kid with a new sled!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif