• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

200,000 or Bust

D

DougF

The Triumph Forum is less than 40 posts from hitting 200,000. Incredible, since it doesn't seem that long ago that we hit 100,000.

OP
D

DougF

Heck, I'm trying to hit 1,000 miles on my motor. This has been a lost season for driving.

Number_6

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Funny that, I think that if you were to ask most Brit car fans which Brit car is the most common and popular MG or Triumph? I think the majority would probably answer MG's. But the MG forum is still struggling to reach 100,000.

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
DougF said:
The Triumph Forum is less than 40 posts from hitting 200,000. Incredible, since it doesn't seem that long ago that we hit 100,000.

I think the people and the approach here are pretty unique. There are certainly other forums which are fantastic resources, but BCF is a special place.

A great host, and wonderful moderator have played no small role in that.

HerronScott

Darth Vader
prb51 said:
Great, but for a mo I thought you were hitting 200k on the same motor...

That would be my by "other" cars. 350,000 on the last one (still running decent when I replaced it). 187,000 on the current one. Helps that daily drive is 100 miles round-trip on the Interstate.

Scott

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
DougF said:
Maybe they already know everything.

:wink:

Tho, honestly we see an average of 25+ members signed into the 'rumphy forum, much less than in the MG one any given time. Not sure why you guys are so much more 'active'.
...mebbe more frequent "Failure to Proceed" than the MG's? :devilgrin: :jester:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
DougF said:
Maybe they already know everything.

:wink:

Tho, honestly we see an average of 25+ members signed into the 'rumphy forum, much less than in the MG one any given time. Not sure why you guys are so much more 'active'.

Nah - MG guys have their own sandbox... :wink:

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
MG guys don't know everything. If they did the would know they are in the wrong forum and need to get a 'rumph instead. :p

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Bah. I've laid hands on more Triumphs than most folk have ever seen. Just prefer forged rocker arms to stamped tin ones. :smirk:

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]But the MG forum is still struggling to reach 100,000.[/QUOTE]

When I started on this forum a few years ago, the MG guys were about 45,000 posts and the Triumph was at about 40,000. We were neck in neck until it got to about 60,000 and then we just pulled away.

I think that a lot has to do with the amount of new owners buying Triumphs and using this forum as a resource for rebuilding and modifying them. Lot's of questions bring lots of answers, as it should be.

Many have come and gone, but most of the core group has remained, while adding new solid contributors to the core and that is the key to keeping any club or forum alive. Everyone is willing to share opinions in a gentlemanly manner and observes the rules that Basil has laid down. Those who have not are gone and good riddance to them. Despite what some have thought, the forum and each marque has done quite well without having to put up with their aggravation.

JMHO-YMMV

justin_mercier

Jedi Warrior
I never quite understood the whole MG vs Triumph argument, I think they're both nice cars, though with MGs I only really like the earlier ones, the MG-TDs and the like.

That said this photo I took at the cape cod british car club show this fall amused me... Yeah, that's a Triumph Stag jump starting an MGB =)

stagjumpsmgb.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Just like Chevy/Ford among the American Iron crowd. Typical rivalry, <span style="font-style: italic"> usually </span> benign.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I'll be the first to admit that the MGB is a lot more comfortable to drive than my TR6. But it is less powerful, so there is a trade off.

However,.......Triumph took that into account and created the TR7/8, which solved that problem and gave birth to the V8 concept (American Muscle Car) and I now live happily ever after....

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Justin,

I just noticed that Dan from Her Majesty's Service is standing in the background in that picture. Watching and with his hands in his pockets again....wait till I tell Erik ....

Number_6

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
Very good point! The MG guys would probably say that the Triumph forum has so many more posts is because Triumphs go wrong so much more often than an MG. Triumph folks need to spend a lot more time in the garage fixing their cars while the MG guys are out drivin'em!

Personally I would love to have a MG TD in my garage or a MGA also. That would make a nice pair The TR3A & a MGA.