• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A New TR-3 Choke Cable

af3683

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I just bought a new original equipment TR-3 Choke Cable (#734-015) and knob (#633-000) from Moss. However, the knob doesn't stay on and keeps coming off when I pull on it. Has anyone else encounterd this problem? Thank you.

Art

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Yup! Same problem. Wallowed the hole out some, Then a little bit of glue to make it stay.

OP
af3683

af3683

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Dan,

Thanks for your reply. By the way, does your "original equipment" cable from Moss have this spring loaded clip/nipple mechanism that goes into the knob and did you use the O-ring with it per Moss? My old cable, which I believe was original, didn't have this type of mechanism but instead had the nipple as part of the shaft that fits into the knob. This mechanism doesn't seem original. Thank you.

Art

mgedit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Had the same problem and returned for refund from Moss. I ordered one from TRF that came with knob and fit and worked as it should. This was about a month ago. Cheers, Mike

ShawnC_at_Moss

Jedi Hopeful
Art,
I just looked through our tech archives and we had a similar issue back in 2006. We pulled the wrong stock and then did stock checks for the next 3 years with no further issues so we considered it resolved. Looks like it is has come back. In 2006 the issue was the knob would not go far enough onto the cable to allow the locking pin to engage the knob and hold it on. Is that what you are experiencing or is it a different reason why the knob isn't staying on?

Thanks in advance. I am going to the shelf now to see if I can demonstrate the problem with our stock.

Shawn

PS When did you buy/receive them so I can pin point which batch it came from.

ShawnC_at_Moss

Jedi Hopeful
Art,
I have the same problem with the two I checked as we did in the past. I can't get the knob on far enough for the locking pin to engage and hold it on. PM me your info so I can get you a refund. You can then use the part or throw it away. I don't need it back.

As a general plea, I would ask if you have a problem with one of our parts that you email us, email me or call us so we can act on it. Even if you are resourceful and make it work, like many of us LBC owners are. Please alert us if you can.

Thanks,

Shawn

mgedit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Shawn, appreciate you looking into this issue. I have reported a few things to Moss directly and have been very satisfied with the response and willingness to work on not only giving a refund but trying to sort out the source of the problem and seek a long-term solution. The cable I received appeared to have the hole in the correct location to accept the pin, but the spring seemed very weak. However, it could well have been a small alignment issue. Cheers, Mike

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I bought the choke assembly back in January.