• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member intro

oliver88

Hi,

I am a "new owner" of a 3000 BN-7. It was my dads car and he passed away recently and left it to me. I would like to learn a little more about Healeys and look forward to participating in the forum. The car is very nice and has an interesting history. From what he told me it was a fairly rare model with three carbs and a 2 seat configuration. He had owned it since September of 1965 and bought it from a dealer in Bowling Green Ohio. The car is a 1962 model. It is white with a red interior.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Hi Oliver,
Welcome to Healey ownership and to the BCF. Sorry about you dad passing recently. I've been expecting mine to go soon. Your dad was right about the rarity of the car. I don't know all the specifics, if it has a center shift gearbox, I think there were only about 140 made. A neighbor of mine has one.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF! Your car is one of 355 two-seat, tri-carb models, making it quite rare. There is a registry for tri-carb Healeys. I'd recommend that you contact Bill Bolton about it at tricarb@aol.com.

I'll also enthusiastically recommend that you join the Austin-Healey Club of America, which has four chapters in Ohio alone, and a magazine that some people seem to think is pretty decent. Check the website: Austin-Healey Club of America

Once again, welcome. We look forward to your participation here and hope to help your Healeying to be happy.

healeynut

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Oliver -

Yes, you are correct, this car is quite rare and highly sought after. It is more interesting since you/your father are the second owner, meaning if you father hasn't done much with the car it should be very original and possibly (hopefully) is still in factory trim. If so you should let the list / Bill Bolton know as cars like yours (if mostly original) are important for documenting on how they were built at the factory.

Alan

Country flag

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Hello Oliver,

Welcome to the BCF. My condolences also with your Dad's passing.

You'll find a great group of guys here and some smarty pants like Greg, lol.
One of the nice things about this forum is the help you get here. Ask a question and usually the same day or the next you'll have a lot of guys chime in there thoughts. And sometimes the smarty pants ones, no name mentioned here Greg, will be the first to offer help.

Congratulations on being the new owner of such a rare Healey!
Cheers,
Roger

OP
O

oliver88

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will post some pic's soon. He was a member of the Austin Healey club here in Northern Ohio but i am not sure how active. I look forward to getting your opinions on the car!

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Well Oliver, looks like you got one of 'em rare center shift BN7s. Looks like there were 141 made, not sure how many survive.

healeynut

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Oliver -

Aside from some very minor modifications and a new paint job, your car looks very original, including the original factory interior.

I would try to make your car available to a local club expert to have a thorough going over with a camera to document your car - it will be very useful for others with your same, very rare, AH.

Great Car!! I'm jealous!

:crazyeyes:

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
healeynut said:
Oliver -

Great Car!! I'm jealous!

:crazyeyes:

Yeah, what he said--Certainly it is your car to do with as you wish, but I would suggest making sure it is mechanically right and preserving the interior etc, as it all looks very original, there are lots of very nice totally restored (to original spec or otherwise) Healeys out there, but fewer nice original cars, you will get more attantion at the Brit car show with it as is than if you make it all shiny and new, enjoy it, they are a blast to drive, maybe you can pass it on to your son or daughter someday.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
anthony7777 said:
GregW said:
Oh sure Randy! Invite the new guy with the rare car to a secluded woods. :lol:
oliver, welcome!, we still have three newbees that are unaccounted for since getting an invite from randy.

And Randy keeps talking about needing a bigger garage!