• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Floor Jack

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I posted this on the Autox.team.net Spridgets list, and i'll ask you guys too.. i know many are members of both groups, but many are not..

Survey asks...

what kind (BE SPECIFIC.. Brand, Model #, etc) of floor jacks are being used out there...

Father's Day is coming..... ..

i have a small floor jack, but when i push it under the gas tank to reach the diffy, i don't have room to pump the handle.... longer ones, seems that the same thing happens.. when they reach as far as the diffy, the handle is on the ground and can't be pumped... so its either ..drive up on bricks then put the jack under, OR get the axle first from one side, put a jack stand under, then the other side, put another jack stand, then back to the middle raise the whole works and reset the jack stands... isn't there a low profile racing jack or a long jack thin enough to reach ?..

Anyone have experience with this?

https://www.restockit.com/2-Ton-Low-Rider-Floor-Jack-(INT200T).html?source=froogle

Attachments

• 11629.jpg
    11629.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 270

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Country flag
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]would love to see a photo of one hanging on the wall[/QUOTE]

err... I don't think I have a picture of it hanging on the wall ..but if you are serious I'll post a picture of a jack hanging on my wall.

Mio

Country flag
Pythias said:

https://www.restockit.com/2-Ton-Low-Rider-Floor-Jack-(INT200T).html?source=froogle

Yes, that is exactly the jack that I use. It's definitely heavier than other jacks that I have used (less a complaint than an observation) but it lessens the challenges associated with getting under low vehicles.

2-Ton Low Rider Floor Jack

floorjack.jpg

Mike

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Wow that is nice, nothing so fancy in my basement. I got one of them elcheapo 2000 pound floor jacks from china years ago. Might have to use a 2X4 under the axle or a frame to squeeze it under but it works. On the road, If I have a flat, I will use the factory jack, it has served me well in the past.

mccalebr

Jedi Knight

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Trevor Jessie said:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]would love to see a photo of one hanging on the wall

err... I don't think I have a picture of it hanging on the wall ..but if you are serious I'll post a picture of a jack hanging on my wall. [/QUOTE]
I'm serious...I think that's a great idea for those aluminum jacks.

ChrisS

Jedi Knight
Tony - They sell wall mount pouches for trailers like this. The price is outrageous ($75-$100) but you can make one yourself with a brake.
777194.jpg

Country flag
I hand mine on a utility hook, and the handle is leaned up against the shelf that is by the hook. I'm not known for elegant solutions. :wink:

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
PHOTOS - simple solution PHOTOS!!

Country flag
Here is the "exciting picture Tony wanted.

and an intentionally blurry picture of the Ugly Bug

Attachments

• 11645.jpg
    11645.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 11646.jpg
    11646.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 153

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Great photo!! I just need to go to Lowe's & buy a couple of those little utility hooks!!

Country flag
The key is that the jack must be partially raised so that it locks into place.

Be careful about shopping for wall organization hooks the choices are dizzying.

You can probably find something that works better. I used that one because it was "there".

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
Trevor Jessie said:
Here is the "exciting picture Tony wanted.

and an intentionally blurry picture of the Ugly Bug

Trevor! Looks great! Is that just black primer?!

Country flag
Nope, it is just cheap semi-flat black paint from... a rattle can. It is a great formula because it is pretty hard, but when I repaint sections it blends nicely. Quick and cheap.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Mio said:
Pythias said:

Yes, that is exactly the jack that I use. It's definitely heavier than other jacks that I have used (less a complaint than an observation) but it lessens the challenges associated with getting under low vehicles.

2-Ton Low Rider Floor Jack

floorjack.jpg

Mike

Oh well, to me a jack is a jack is a jack! Low profile, floor, bottle or whatever. Why would someone pay $220.00 or more for a type of jack that could be had for less than a hundred bucks? I guess it's like, a 9/16 Proto wrench will do a better job than a 9/16 Craftsman.
dunno.gif

Country flag
I think it is a matter of preference and convenience. The right tool for the job can make the job a lot easier and quicker. However, it may not be worth the money if other tools will work and the job does not have to be done frequently.

As for hand tools I prefer craftsman. Why? I grew up using them, and the designs change very little so they "feel" right. I do not think they are the best, but the price is reasonable.

mccalebr

Jedi Knight
PAUL161 Oh well said:
https://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/PJ161/A-Icons/dunno.gif[/IMG]

That's like saying a wrench is a wrench...I don't think the discussion is primarily about brand, but specification and function.

Let's see you get that 8" bottle jack under the frame member that has 5" of ground clearance...or use it under the diff to move the rear of the car to a different location.

As far as aluminum...after using one for a while the difference in weight over steel becomes apparent...ever use one?

Ray