Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oddball British cars

General discusssion about other British cars that don't have their own forum (yet).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Oddball British cars

Kira,

Yes... Peter is from Australia otherwise I wouldn't have asked the question in the first place, I think Peter Richardson? Anyway, someone down under who is heavily into Wolseley's including I believer a 1970's 18/85 model, I've been to his website before and seen his pictures.

(since I keep hiding from people [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] , it's James)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, that's my dad. He founded the Wolseley Car Club in Australia back in 1975, and I've always had the car bug myself...so I started collecting, although his are all roadworthy, and some of mine are restorers delights, or nightmares. [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] Unusual for a woman to be car nut maybe, but I'm very obsessed alas lacking funds to do them up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kira,

It's a small world sometimes... Ask your dad about James Tworow, we've e-mailed back and forth a couple of times in the past, he might remember (or he might not too).

And don't fret... there are a few girls around here on BCF, you're far from being the only one. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

As for running/fixing up old cars on lack of funds, join the club! 1969 Cortina about to be officially purchased, how much in the bank? Don't ask!

There's also a private message for you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Kira,

Welcome aboard. Nice Wolseley, don't see those too often. Also I know how it is to have too many cars to fix and not nearly enough money.

Cheers, [img]graemlins/thirsty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/driving.gif[/img]
    Walter