• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

An Oddball

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Definitely something different. A little too kit carish for me.

G

[ QUOTE ]
I think it will make a nice car if someone puts the time and money into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, time. AND money!

Neither of which I have a great deal of....

Bill

G

Apart from the big deck like thing on the back that the rear bumper is attached to I like it. 6 cylinder power and somewhat classic looks. As was said it will take a bunch of time and bucks to put it right but I think it would be a pretty neat little car when finished. Could do with a nice wood rim wheel instead of that go-kart thing.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Apart from the big deck like thing on the back that the rear bumper is attached to I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]It appears that the original intent was for an exposed, mounted spare tire, the presence of which would likely improve that view of the car immensely![ QUOTE ]
As was said it will take a bunch of time and bucks to put it right but I think it would be a pretty neat little car when finished. Could do with a nice wood rim wheel instead of that go-kart thing.

[/ QUOTE ]Agreed on both counts! From all appearances, the car must have been built in England from a Vitesse and then brought to this country as a completed kit car. It all looks kinda tired, which would make me want to check every aspect of the car thoroughly before committing to it. And I fear it would never be worth anywhere near what the original Vitesse might have been worth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
and who exactly is this Harold guy ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

simpzimmer

[ QUOTE ]
But to some degree, all these kits share a similar generic appearance.

[/ QUOTE ] I think that says everything worth saying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spam.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That car had Lucius wiring - is that better than Lucas?
Anybody know where I can buy Lucius parts?

- Doug

John_Mc

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Bit too much of the "exposed chest hair, gold chains, blow dried" seventies concept of a classic roadster, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, not to make fun, (well, maybe a bit o' fun) but Saturday I pulled up next to an H2 that was parking. Black, tons of aftermarket chrome trim, and the license plate that said "GOT W8TS". I thought "I gotta see the driver of this!" and sure enough out stepped a guy with the black weightlifter pants on, skin-tight blue tee-shirt, and a short black poofy perm, kinda like Tom Jones. I didn't stare long enough to see about jewelry or chest hair. My apologies to anyone who drives/dresses similar, but it was just too picture perfect!

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
As kit cars go it's one of the better looking ones I've seen, but I'm having a hard time trying to justify converting a Triumph to look like an MGTF.
It'll make a neat car for someone.....else