• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

For Sale Stolen British car parts

emgeetf

Country flag
someone broke into my storage place here in Elko / New market , MN where i keep my British cars and have stolen parts belonging to several British cars that were stored in there. some of the cars were in the process of being restored so the parts were loose and kept with the cars till i could get to them. The parts stolen belong to MGA's and TR 3 's and 1948 Triumph 1800 and 1953 Sunbeam Talbot drop head and also some MG parts. The parts vary but gauges, leather seats, big chrome head lamps from my 1948 Triumph 1800 and the small lamps and the fancy front chrome horns were taken from the Triumph 1800 . also missing are MG TC parts including King of the road head lamps gauges and manifolds and carburettors from my sunbeam talbot and Triumph 1800 and Tr 3's. A lot of other car parts including MGB and Tr3 parts are misssing but i have not been able to go inside and take a look at the inside of the building since the doors are all broken and had to be closed shut because of the cold and the winter weather we got after the break in. . These parts were stolen out of New market Mn 55020 around november / december 2021 but could be offered for sale any where in the USA. I have been watching for ads on Craigslist in Mn and e bay but they might advertise the parts in another state or on different websites which I am not aware of and i will miss the ad if the parts come up for sale. Please be on the lookout for some British car parts offered for sale cheap matching some of the items listed above ( or anything similar ) since these people may not even know what the parts are or what cars they belong to. I am asking the British car community to be on the lookout for these part since I have owned these cars for 20 or 30 years and cannot even find these parts if i need to start restoring my cars since some of the parts are not available for sale.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Oh, man - hate to hear this! I can't imagine how heartbroken you are.

You didn't mention insurance - guess that's not in the mix? Wishing you luck on recovering them.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Will BOLO for anything described. This kind of thing is infuriating. The "people" who've done it likely haven't a clue about what they have, hopefully they'll be dumb enough to put things up for sale publicly. Much of what's been taken is so rare it'll be identifiable right away.

Alert all foreign car clubs/organizations in the area as a precaution as well. The idiots may try to fence the items in person.

Good luck.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Infuriating indeed!
You might setup a “wanted” list on eBay. If an item is listed that meets your description, eBay will notify you.

Celtic 77

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
That's a shame. But perhaps start trolling for those parts online as a way to draw them out? Unrelated but interesting incident her in NJ. We have a small lighthouse in front of a little shore house and one day...poof, gone. I started roaming around the net and bingo... on FB was a nice lighthouse on a porch about 5 miles from us. I zoomed in, got the street address and obtained the owners name. Daughter is LEO and she diplomatically approached the house. The owner thought the lighthouse was in the garbage because it was lying on the ground. He worked for the local DPW... No problems just embarrassment for him. So, do a run around the net and you never know what will turn up. They may sit on the parts till they cool off then post them. Good Luck!!