• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Aintree sprint (uk) home to the British GP Iain 1950’s

Hamish Racing

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Had a fantastic day at aintree sprint yesterday. A round of the TR Register club championship.

not just because of the glorious weather and Michelin star hospitality of fellow competitors the Holdcrofts in their corporate hospitality and transport truck!!!, but the seemingly never ending number of runs.
we had 2 practice and 6 timed runs. We only stopped due to timing technical hitches. Great value for the entree fee compared to others ( 3 runs in total at Shelsley was more money).
it’s a fast open track and for the GP aficionados there is still some 1950’s tarmac that they have saved ( the forming up area) that is the original tarmac of the GP circuit that the likes of Fangio raced on.

a good club house for catering and drinks, proper loos straightforward to get to.

only 2 of us in the class yesterday, me and my diy bitza car you know about and a Staffordshire base Howard Holdcroft in his FIA spec, beautiful TR4. Same colour scheme as mine (I have a silver hardtop) but his car is beautifully presented. I believe it’s a race spec engine on twin dcoe 48s!! How he can report fuelling issues I don’t know - he has 4 fuel pumps !!

for a change I drove to the event, apart from a few mins either end a 60min motorway run. This was enabled because Aintree is so fast I need to use my tall section tyres that will cope with prolonged hot road use ( my road legal) but usual sprint tyres are too soft !!)

it was great fun on the roads and I thought that the car may like to have a warm gearbox and diff for a change- especially as the oils and filters have been recently changed.

great variety of cars from top modern and classic single seaters through rally and road cars, MG, Morgan, Jaguar clubs etc etc

anyway I couldn’t get near my PB of 56.58 on a perfect weather day in April last year. So a 57.03 had to do to win the class. I blame the heat and slight head wind ;)
hopefully full video to follow.

14805D37-7E70-410D-AFD2-F4DCD7319ACA.jpeg

FC70B0AD-40ED-412E-ABCC-904A9B8F5B88.jpeg

AD594BD2-9A3B-4916-887B-B645605ECC2C.jpeg

F27A79CD-1A9E-4647-900A-426CC706F9FA.jpeg