• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wish I had my midget yesterday.

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
I still am not able to get my midget on the road, so I decided to take a ride up on the parkway to Mount Mitchell on my little motorcycle and cool off and take some pics. I had an unplanned event where I took a spill because of some gravel and ruined my leather jacket and got a couple scrapes and some on the bike, but I managed to finish the ride and take some pictures from there. Its about 40 miles away from here and its the highest peak in the east and was one of my favorite rides in the summer when the midget was on the road. Anyways, here are a few pics.
100_1275.jpg
100_1273.jpg
100_1278.jpg
100_1283.jpg
100_1284.jpg

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Pretty country -- glad the off wasn't too bad, always a worry on a bike. I hate riding on gravel...

bugimike

Yoda
Beautiful pix Kim! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif Watch those spills /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif !! You must be healing well to be biking! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nice spot, gota love those kind of pics when it is in the high 90s here.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Beautiful photos...in addition to gravel, one of the photos makes it look like there was a bit of rain around also...glad you & bike are fine!

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
bugimike said:
Beautiful pix Kim! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif Watch those spills /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif !! You must be healing well to be biking! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
The shoulder has healed but the knee is still giving me a fit with lots of pain. I can barely walk most of the time and still hurt lots even after 5 months since surgery. The docs is having me a special brace made and I hope that helps, other wise I don't know what I will do. I just worked through the pain an made myself get on the bike just to keep from going insane. I never get out or go anywhere. Its like being under house arrest. Once I am on the bike I don't have to use my knees much, indeed less than a car because the clutch is with the hand and the front brake also. I wish I had better news but not yet on the knee.

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
tony barnhill said:
Beautiful photos...in addition to gravel, one of the photos makes it look like there was a bit of rain around also...glad you & bike are fine!
Oh, after the wreck, I decided to keep on going and ran into foggy rain and stuff near the top, but I took it slow and easy. I have rode motorcycles in lots of rain when I lived in Enland for 2 years. Here is another pic of the bike at the top.
100_1277.jpg
100_1276.jpg

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Its a little old 200cc street bike that I have had for 25 years and bought new. Its got plenty of power for the 45mph speed limit on the parkway and does well on gas. I put it back on the road 2 years ago when gas went high. I always set the trip meter when I gas up and went 107 miles on 1.21 gallons of unleaded. Not bad for climbing a mountain and back. Still its not good to fall.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, glad its not worse....& that's the reason I don't do 3 things: ride on gravel, ride in or right after rain, ride at night.

Oh, fourth thing: ride after even 1 beer!

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
I don't so much mind gravel as long as I know its there. There are lots of gravel roads around here that I sometimes have to go on. Just go slow, I guess if I had been a bit slower I might have seen the gravel. I had a car on my rear pushing me. I should have just ingnored them. I am so glad I had my leather jacket on or I would have been hurt bad, should have had my leather pants on too and my leg would not have got scraped. Always wear your leathers.

BIBBER

Jedi Knight
even more so you didn't pull a Thelma and Louise movie ending with the scenery you were riding in...road rash is tolerable...glad to have you round posting still!!!

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior
Gorgeous!! Mind if I aks what state that is?

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Mostly why I quit. Oh other than a ride around the block or such. Even let my license expire.

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Blackjokr said:
Its right here in Western North Carolina. I live in Asheville. I live about 2 miles from the parkway. Next time I think I will ride south and take some pictures, maybe ride on over to Gatlinburg, TN. That is always a nice ride. Yesteday I was only sore on the road rash spots that I covered with bandaids, but today I got aches and pains in both my legs and one arm that I suspect is from the spill.My knee is still killing me on tops of the that. Things always feel so much better when they quit hurting. Man, I hope to be able to have a normal life soon. Get back to work, paint the midget, finish installing the new interior. Then maybe I can have fellow spridget folks come up and visit for a ride or whatever. I got a 1 1/2 acre field for camping or whatever. The best time for a ride would be in the fall when the leaves change, but the place is crowded then.