• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wish i had one of these

R6MGS

Yoda
Wow, I've boughten running cars for less...
Actually I have at least 1 of those(in my 58) and probably another one(seperated) kicking around here....I should probably collect all the peices and get it together.

R6MGS

Yoda
Wonder how much my complete TC tool kit is worth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
So THAT's where those wrenches came from... I've got some very old-looking hefty unmarked open end wrenches (that I use all the time) and those tube-looking sockets. I'm willing to bet they came outta the old-man's MGA tool roll after he totaled it. I recognize that monkey wrench and pliers too.

I must have half a MGA kit sitting in my toolbox right now.

Anyone wanna give me $227.50 for them?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

OP
SilentUnicorn
Yea , but so you have a "LUCAS Trouble Lamp"? I can see it it now.... Dark Rainy Night, side of the road in Nowheresville USA. Trying to diagnose a bad headlamp ground. And your "LUCAS Trouble Lamp" has the engine bay lit up like Fenway Park in the 7th inning of a double header on a warm, late August night..........SURRRRE!

mark

I like the topedo trouble light... I've been in a few instances where that would come in very handy! I've also used solar landscaping lights, penlight flashlights, cheapo plastic flashlights you get free with a cheap non-branded battery purchase, 500w xenon flood lights, headlights from the car idling in front of you, and the itty bitty bit of light from your own headlights (never look at them - and give yourself almost an hour of staring at total darkness first), to work on my cars at night. Worst was changing plugs in a v-6 car at night with no lights... but seeing by hand takes some practice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
One time I was stuck on the side of the road....Old Jeep, I unbolted the headlamp assembly but left it connected...I had enough extra wiring to rotate it around so it lit up the engine compartment