• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

winter projects

Country flag
Some of you guys are making me jealous. While you are out enjoying the weather its to cold here even to be working on my car. We have had 5+ feet of snow in the last week (awesome powder for skiing)and nights of -5 degrees. You can imagine touching any part of the car in an unheated garage after blowing the drive-way for an hour just to get to it (I park it at a neighbors across the street who only comes up 6 or 8 times a year). I've got boxes and boxes of stuff to replace on the BJ8 and have done it all in my head a thousand times. Well, the days ARE getting longer and the sking IS good.
Thanks for listening to my whinning.
violin.gif

ThomP

Jedi Warrior
You can pay me back in August when I'm sitting in 97 degree heat and dodging the daily deluge of rain! However, you're right; now is the time for Healey driving in this part of the country!

(I think I'll go out for a spin around the block, now that you mention it!)

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
Gee.That it was was -5 degrees F must be cold for you in CA especially as we view CA to be warm all the time.We just got over a good snow storm[read blizzard] and right now it is only -33 C.To relate to that,-40C is equal to -40F.This is more or less the rest of the week will be.
Mind you the extra snow is good for skiing.We are cross country skiers so on the trails in the bush and forest near here makes for excellent skiing nearly at any temperature.
I hope you are gettin out and enjoying your skiing.I'm now going to go and work on my tiger in my nice warm garage.Sorry to rub it in but it i never thought people in CA would be freezing.
canpatriot.gif
Did I mention it is sunny

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
You got it right for where I'm from.Actually the wind chill factor this AM was -49 C.Chicken that I was I didn't go out till the wind chill was only -45 C.Probably wouldn't have gone out if I didn't have to go and check our building.Also had to go and pick up the rad for the Tiger.

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Bring your car down the hill about 50 miles and you can work in my garage at 48 degrees. Warmer than your place. My daughters are going up to tahoe to go sking tomorrow. Can't do that at my elevation.

Jerry

ThomP

Jedi Warrior
The trip was nice, thanks. To the bank, gas, grocery home. Yep,it's tough doing it all in in a Healey in January. ;>}

It's presently 79F; It's gonna get cold Wednesday, it'll be in the 50s Wed night.

I know what they say about "paybacks", August is coming.

OP
tahoe healey
Country flag
Actually Lake Tahoe is about 500 miles north and 6146 feet higher than LA. They like to think of us as one of their suburbs, though. We do speak a simular language. We don't say things like "Gag me" and "Dah!".

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee
Living in the City of Orange in the "Right Thinking" County of Orange, in Souther California I can go to the beach in the morning and off to Big Bear to ski in the afternoon and go for a ride in the JH in the evening. You know this Southern California thing is pretty Bitchen, huh, oh...cool uh.. well Narly or... Oh Gag Me, Si!.

Now you know I just couldn't resist that. LOL

OP
tahoe healey
Country flag
I lived in Woodland Hills (San Fernando Valley in Southern Cal) for 25 years. You may keep the 105 degree temps and brown sky. It is a magical place with every day a varying degrees of nice. We use to drive to the ski areas in the morning and back to the ocean for dinner. Interestingly most of our locals are from LA area. May be it's only a matter of time untill we see you here.

OP
tahoe healey
Country flag
I lived in Woodland Hills (San Fernando Valley in Southern Cal) for 25 years. You may keep the 105 degree temps and brown sky. It is a magical place with every day a varying degrees of nice. We use to drive to the ski areas in the morning and back to the ocean for dinner. Interestingly most of our locals are from LA area. May be it's only a matter of time untill we see you here.

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee
Tahoe;

If I could find work that meets my $$$'s in North Shore, I'd be there in a heart beat.

If My Uncle was still alive I could have worked for him as a Pit Boss or Facilities Manager and I'd have been there twenty years ago. But now that we have 10 grandchildren, my wife (AKA"Super Grandmother")well it would take dynamite to get her out of here, and that just isn't going to happen.

So... Orange is where we are and at least we have some of the best weather in the world to live in, a good job and a comfortable home, "Life is Good", so It can be worse, or so I'm told.

[ 01-09-2004: Message edited by: Jim Weatherford ]</p>