• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MId Winter Jaunt

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
The weather being what it is in Utah...mid-60's today and pretty darn pleasant the last few weeks. I woke the Healey up last week and took a little shake-down drive around town. All is great save the temp gauge which now needs rebuilding.

Today, my youngest and I took a long drive through Provo Canyon to Heber City, Park City and back to Midvale. Given that Central New York, where we moved from early last year, is digging out from yet another pounding from snow, I'm feeling pretty fortunate!

The attached picture is looking West at Park City at sunset, all in all, a great day, especially for February!

Attachments

• Park City 02 15 2015.jpg
    Park City 02 15 2015.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 129

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hi Dave,
I'm in Logan, and I've been driving my Healey the last several weekends. The weather is unbelievable, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the early start to the driving season.

Are you a member of the Bonneville Healey Club?

OP
Dave Richards

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hi Keith,

No club memberships yet - the transition here has kept me busy to overload, I'm still trying to close several work projects in NY so have been making regular trips there. That, combined with the work responsibilities here, has just kept me too busy. I'll keep up the pace through the end of 2015, when I hope to settle into life here and spend more time with the Healey and getting to know folks here.

We're renting a place just a few miles from Joe Morely's, so I may drop in on one of BHC's meetings.

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Dave,
I rarely make the meetings (Logan is just too far away), but it's a good group of people and they have some good drives. The British Motor Club of Utah is also a good group. Hope to see you at an event this summer!
Keith

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
I so know how you two feel..I live in New Mexico, the boss's neighbor and have tooled a couple of times. I have only driven Agatha top up a couple of times but that was the first year of her restoration. Having said that, I share your feelings. My only difficulty is that I just can't seem to wipe that silly grin off my face.

Jake

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
That's a fun drive, I used to run up that canyon in the BGT we had to go fishing while I attended BYU. Funny you got to UT from NY, I did the same, grew up just east of Rochester.
The Mount Nebo loop is a great drive in the fall, IIRC, the BMCU organizes a run through there every fall, or at least they used to. Their British Field Day is a fun get together as well.

OP
Dave Richards

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
That's a fun drive, I used to run up that canyon in the BGT we had to go fishing while I attended BYU. Funny you got to UT from NY, I did the same, grew up just east of Rochester.
The Mount Nebo loop is a great drive in the fall, IIRC, the BMCU organizes a run through there every fall, or at least they used to. Their British Field Day is a fun get together as well.

LOL at "HAD" to go fishing...

New York born and bred, Elmira, then Syracuse. I had lived there my entire life except for an LDS mission and college in Idaho and Utah. I just couldn't take the politics and taxes any longer...recent legislation prohibiting the ownership of certain items was the last straw. Further comment would violate the rules of civility we practice here, so I will refrain.

The drive through Provo Canyon was quite nice and the views were very nice, it looks like a great place to recreate, especially in summer months. I'm eager to finish my NY work to have time to attend events here.

I just Googled Mt. Nebo loop - wow! Would that be Payson to Nephi and back? I've just added something to my to do list.

We still have a house near Syracuse, (for sale)...it was -9F today and five feet of new snow in the last 3 weeks! They tell me it will be the coldest February on record!