• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 TR6 Interior Kit

bailee2

Jedi Hopeful
I am finishing up the restoration on my 1972 TR6 and looking at interior kits. Prestige has fair pricing but I am not sure about the quality. I bought the Moss Kit for my TR3A and it has worn very well. Prices have really gone up since then at all of the vendors. I tried Heritage but not received an email for quote. Any ideas???
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Bill Redd

Jedi Hopeful
I'm in the same position! I'll need to decide in the next few weeks.

I love the Heritage stuff, but not sure I want to pay that price! (However, they are having a sale, if you check the website...)

I was in the area, so I stopped in Moss' West Coast location. Very nice folks... I hear it's a good product.

Also, The Roadster Factory supposedly has good stuff. I've heard good things about their product. I need to get samples. Most places, if you contact them, will send samples...

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
My understanding is that Moss resells kits from the UK, from suppliers who sell direct as well. Moss has been good to me, but you might also want to check out;

https://www.prestigeautotrim.com/

I haven't installed any of their stuff, but they seem to have a good reputation.

I'm sure others will jump in here...

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
Heritage has a nice sale on carpets right now...and some other TR6 stuff.

Moss has an internet special right now...20% off any ONE item...

TRF has nice stuff...I ordered a complete kit for my last TR3...but due to some billing issues, I never got the kit. But I bought it because they custom made a kit in "stone"...a special color at the time. They get their kits from England.

G

TRF makes a nice kit. If you are putting a whole bunch of time and money into a restoration of your TR6, consider the Wilton wool set from TRF. Their "stock" carpet material, although descent, is not that luxurious. The wool set is somewhat more expensive, but worth it if you want a truly quality set.

brdave

I am debating an interior kit as well. I see the Prestige Auto Trim pieces on ebay and the prices don't seem too bad. Has anyone here tried thier product?
Dave

roofman

Jedi Knight
I just bought thier carpet kit. They custom made the carpet in black with red piping. Through ebay it was about $202 but with no felt kit. It looks fine but not as nice as wilton wool. I am happy with it, but have'nt installed it yet.

71tr

Jedi Warrior
I'm restoring a six as well and after all the work I've put into the frame and body and engine I've decided not to skimp (too much) on the interior. This means I'm going leather. Generally this narrows the vendors to Heritage, Skinner and Prestige. I have sample paks from Skinner and Prestige and the wool carpet and leather looks impressive. There are folks on the forum whom used the Skinner kit with good results. I am as yet undecided.

Norton47

Jedi Warrior
bailee2
I contacted Heritage by phone and got a message machine that said I could leave all the details I wanted. I was promptly called back and we discussed the details and I received the samples for the colors I wanted 3 days later. Having the samples is great. It also came with a full price list. The service received so far has been very satisfactory. I getting more samples from the other usual vendors.
My .02 cent

OP
B

bailee2

Jedi Hopeful
Thanks guys. I am getting a quote from Prestige for the interior kit with wool and leather. It looks initally to be around $1300 + shipping but I want to be sure. This should be a super nice package. I will post pics when done.
Thanks for the feedback. Great responses!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

brdave

Bailee, this may be a stupid question, but does $1300.00 at Prestige include panels for the doors etc.
Thanks,
Dave