• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 TR6 Interior Color Combos

brent615

Jedi Trainee
i have a ways to go before i get to this project but i have been looking at what carpet and upholstery kits cost and I want to make the right choice and start saving my pennies. when painted, my 6 will be black and i really like the look of the "tan" interior against a dark color car. anyone have recomendation of carpet and upholstery color? tan? new tan? brown? Pics would be GREAT! I have even considered keeping the black seats and to tie in with the dash surround and using tan carpet and panels.

71tr

Jedi Warrior
brent,
I'm in the same boat and have been struggling with my color combos. I'm just ready to have the tub painted, likely to the original saphire blue which is quite dark. I never was keen on the original black interior so have generally settled on a tan interior possibly with dark blue carpet or tan carpet. I have even considered having the seats made with contrasting piping to add a little custom flair.

Depending on your budget and desire you can go standard nylon carpet with vinyl seat covers available from any of the big three. But I suggest you look at prestige, skinner and heritage for leather setups with wool carpet. Their colors are as original plus some extra options such as barley which is in between light tan and the triumph new tan.

Check out the website below for some pics of a black TR with tan interior. Let us know what you decide.

https://www.marks-tr6-garage.com/Miataseats.html

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Black is a beautiful choice of a color for a TR6. Either the light or darker tan looks good with it. I think that the darker or "British" tan looks richer, but it's just a matter of preference. Either choice would look fine with the matching color carpet, or the black, which is less maintenance.

I once saw a black TR6 with a chestnut interior, as in my car. At first glance, I didn't like it, but then it kind of grew on me. If it were mine, I wouldn't chose that color combo, but would go with the darker tan.

duckspuddle

My car is Jasmine, people either really like it or are put off by it not "masculine" enough I guess. I've considered replacing my black with a matador red interior. I'm sure I saw a Jasmine 250 a few years ago somewhere. Whadaya think?
Joe

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
I really like the "biscuit" color for a black or red car....had one of those custom made for my last TR3A...

D

DougF

I've always liked a red interior in a black car. My father had a Healey 3000 in that combination that left it's mark on me. Almost changed my TR3 interior to red but kept it black, which also looks good.

71tr

Jedi Warrior
I just received a sample pack from Heritage Upholstery & Trim in Blaine, Washington. I'm impressed with their color choices and material quality.

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight
I have had my 71 seats done in medium grey leather with black piping by a friends shop. Done to factory spec,panels in vynil. He also did my boot cover in grey with black piping,even got grey snaps. All beautiful work. I plan to paint the car damson,but if I change my mind, my color combo will go with just about any color. He has done many interiors for my cars,and they are always a bit nicer than the mail order stuff.Not cheap,but well worth it.He builds them,I install them in the car. I am a paint scratch paranoid.

71tr

Jedi Warrior
Box,
Can you share any photos, I would be interested in seeing your color choices.

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
I saw a Bright Green TR6 with Red Interior!!

OMG! It looked like a christmas tree!

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight
OK sure, when the snow melts off my deck I will set them out and get some pix.They are covered in storage at the moment.
If you think about it these colors will go with BRG,white, red, blue,maroon,just about all the colors except maybe brown.