• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

ST Spoiler installed, raced Ferrari, NOT!

mattmacklind3

Jedi Hopeful
OK, so I installed my ST spoiler finally. It was real PITA, BTW. The color is a little off, but its on there and thats good. I would say I detect a "slight" difference at speeds over 60-70 on the highway.

P4040075.jpg

Being so pleased with the additional 15-20 Hp from the St spoiler, I decided to race this guy.

P4040073.jpg

As you can see, I did not fare well, but the wind was being managed well so I couldn't complain! LOL.

P4040074.jpg

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
hehehehehe

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Looking Good.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I like the spoiler, kind of gives the front end a finishing touch.

R6MGS

Yoda
lmao
Nice spoiler though

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
well, DUH! You needed the triple tier rear spoiler to be able to take on a Ferrari! sheesh.... people these days.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
Or you install some genuine Ferarri accessories. I installed these on my '67 GT and it added 195 HP!

pimped_ferarri.jpg

HEY! What is that sig image Nunyas? You holding out on us? When did you restart the 3D MGB project?!?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Steve_S wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
HEY! What is that sig image Nunyas? You holding out on us? When did you restart the 3D MGB project?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, wazzup wid dat?

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Interesting paint job, Steve...wonder what it would look like with a black & white checkered roof?

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
erm... that was from the archive of renders I'd made originally.... I'm startin' to get the hankerin' to do somethin' with what I currently have or start over (not much of a set back to start over at this point). I figured if I had that in my sig, it'll give me a little more inspiration everyday to get going full steam again.

Steve_S

Yoda
It's giving me more inspiration to nag you about it. Why not start with something like a wheel and see how it goes from there? Then even if you don't continue, at least you have a cool 3D wheel completed you can show off or sell to Dayton. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually that pic steve posted, I made in photoshop about a year or so ago! Posted it to another forum in a thread called Pimp my ride!

Cool to see it making rounds again!

I started with a Picture of Cedric the GT...
Colored it, added rear spoiler, ferrari logo, and wheels from a Lancia Stratos, and the side scoop is from a ford mustang. Hand drew in the ground effects. It actually took me a couple hours... And I'm still not happy... I can see stuff I wish I'd spent more time on.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
That's right!!! I had forgotten that was your doing. It's still on my web site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

After looking again.... I didn't color it (I colored one for tony similar), but I had to color the spoiler.

I like the Hemi one best though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Jake

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
What kind of 3D model are we talking about? I have been toying with the idea of building an MGB in CATIA in my spare time. Anyone interested in helping, we could divy up the parts/workload?

Steve_S

Yoda
Kenny, the original "green" mod was Cole's ricer MG rendering. That's the one you added to, and quite brilliantly, might I add.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
What kind of 3D model are we talking about? I have been toying with the idea of building an MGB in CATIA in my spare time. Anyone interested in helping, we could divy up the parts/workload?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm using Maya to create my 3D MGB model. I figure I'll prolly start back up after I finish reading 'The Vampire Chronicals' or get tired of reading it. I just finished reading 'Queen of the Damned'...