• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Longbridge interior panels

Country flag
Hi everybody - here's my question - does anybody have any experience with the interior panel sets that Moss sells for the Longbridge 100-6. I guess my specific concern is does it have the correct rear panels, which are different than the later 100-6's and 3000's. I'm thinking about ordering them, but I want to be sure that what they have is what I want. Every time I call them they seem to struggle with the "Longbridge is different" concept. Thanks!

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Hi, Patton - you're right, that would be even better. By the way, I still am going to send you better pictures of the top frame assembly that we welded the "hook" onto. I need to take the hard top off of the car to get to the top frame.

lou salini

Freshman Member
I just recieved my moss panel set for my early longbridge. It seems to be correct in that it matches the panels that were on the car. The proof will in the installation as always. Lou Salini

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
"It seems to be correct in that it matches the panels that were on the car".

Here's the potential problem. The panels that were on my 100-6 when I bought it 25 years ago were not the correct type, they had been replaced with the later type "full" rear panels. So if I matched them, I would have bought the wrong thing. The rear panels are the only thing that are different. They do not cover the full interior, they seem to come up from the floor behind the front seats and curve up the sides of the wheel wells. If you use the newer rear panels, and have fitted the correct top frame, the panel obstructs the top frame from sliding along the entire track that the wheels sit in. Check out the pics at https://www.healeysix.net, are these what yours look like? Thanks for the reply, good luck fitting your interior!

Patton

Jedi Warrior
Hey Lou, what did you do with the old panels /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Perfect fodder for making patterns!!!!

No hurry on the photos of the top bow hook, the car is in a holding pattern right now.

According to FedEx, it will get it's new Lempert steering wheel today so that is a good 50th birthday present for the car a few years late (April 1, 1957).

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Patton, happy birthday to your car, it's getting a great birthday present!

Lou, thanks for the answer on the type of panels, so it's safe to assume that the Moss version is correct.

markshaw

In the for what it is worth Department I have two options for you. I have a set of pannels that I purchased from Heritage last year. Red with black piping. They are beautiful and exact copies of my originals. The red didn't match the red I was using. Both Moss and Heritage use a deaper red than the color red I am using. (door panels and dash already done).

I als can give you the name of the gentleman who has copied my originals and is selling them. Be careful as in addition to the pannels there are a few pieces of wood that go along the edges.

If interested please let me know either by this forum or by my other e-mail mas@aaasne.com
Thanks,
Mark Shaw
l e

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Mark you've got a PM.

Patton

Jedi Warrior
I forgot the last part of my message. Where did you other Longbridge 100-Six guys get the vinyl pieces that are cut and sewed to fit?

Patton said:
Without a correct interior in my car to use as a pattern, I didn't find out till yesterday that the wheel wells and the area behind the squab should be vinyl covered on the Longbridge cars? Mark, does your guy make this?

higgins

Country flag
Patton,

I redid my Longbridge interior with panels which I bought from AHspares in the UK.

Check out their website: https://www.ahspares.co.uk

Good quality and the correct fit. I definitely recommend them as I buy most of my stuff from them.

regards

Higgins

Patton

Jedi Warrior
Does the vinyl that covers the wheel wells and the metal behind the squab come with the kit????

Patton

higgins said:
Patton,

I redid my Longbridge interior with panels which I bought from AHspares in the UK.

Check out their website: https://www.ahspares.co.uk

Good quality and the correct fit. I definitely recommend them as I buy most of my stuff from them.

regards

Higgins

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Hi, Patton - this is driving me crazy. The vinyl is not in the Moss sets, is in the Heritage sets. My seats came from Phoenix, which uses the same blue as Heritage, but I don't want to spend that kind of money for the panels and vinyl. Trouble is, the Moss vinyl isn't quite the same blue as the Heritage (Phoenix) blue. Easy answer is to cover the panels and vinyl wheel wells yourself, and buy the vinyl from whatever source you recovered your seats from. But to do this, you have to have the patterns. Back to square one.
Anybody have a pattern for the vinyl covering for the wheel wells and behind the squab?

Patton

Jedi Warrior
And there is the rub. The car came with recently covered seats from undetermined origin. All black vinyl, but they did a good job on the front seats and the pans. I also have the door and kick-panel panels.

I didn't have the original door trim pieces (now acquired from eBay), any of the rear vinyl trim (including rear panels and wood), early armrest, and the upholstery for the squab.

I got a rough squab cover for a pattern which I will take to an upholsterer at some point, its carpeted right now and it can be done at any point. I will have to do the same thing for the armrest once I get one to copy.

If I can get pattern for the rest of the vinyl my lovely wife and her small sewing business (https://www.meliascloset.com) is open to trying to make a set for me. We may try it without a pattern but I am going to need some VERY detailed pictures of existing installations so we can get it close. I need to buy her some sort of special needles, but she thinks she can do it.

The next thing is that I have to bend up the tabs that hold the panel on. They were both bent flat, and it didn't occur to either me or my body guy that there was a purpose to them, and the interior was painted with them bent down flat.

Here is the picture of how they were bent down as well as the pictures that Rich has sent me so far.

https://picasaweb.google.com/57Healey/PictureOfTabOnWheelArch

Hopefully we can pool resources and figure this out for everyone.

FUN FUN FUN

Patton

longbridgehealey said:
Hi, Patton - this is driving me crazy. The vinyl is not in the Moss sets, is in the Heritage sets. My seats came from Phoenix, which uses the same blue as Heritage, but I don't want to spend that kind of money for the panels and vinyl. Trouble is, the Moss vinyl isn't quite the same blue as the Heritage (Phoenix) blue. Easy answer is to cover the panels and vinyl wheel wells yourself, and buy the vinyl from whatever source you recovered your seats from. But to do this, you have to have the patterns. Back to square one.
Anybody have a pattern for the vinyl covering for the wheel wells and behind the squab?

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
I've got the armrest that Phoenix sent me, I'd be happy to send it to you to copy the pattern, if you'd like. The problem with it is that I'm relying on Phoenix in the hopes that it is the correct armrest for the Longbridge, He got the seat pattern correct, so I am assuming that it's correct.
I was lucky, the tabs are still there on my car. They've been painted about five times, but I can deal with that.
I still owe you the pictures of the top frame hooks, the hard top is now off of the car, so I'm better able to take the pics. Problem is that I'm leaving tonight for South Carolina, and I won't be back until the 14th. Let me know if you want to copy the armrest, and when I get back I'll send the armrest, and e-mail the pictures to you.
Gotta go, I'm due in a conference in five minutes.

higgins

Country flag
Patton said:
Does the vinyl that covers the wheel wells and the metal behind the squab come with the kit????

Patton,

The vinyl did not come with the kit. However, I ordered additional vinyl at a later stage and the color matched perfectly with the panels. My interior is red and it seems to be the original color.

regards

Higgins