• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General Tech How to Install Door seal-furflex

Newkie

Jedi Trainee
Hey, I am wondering the manner of install of the furflex door seal from VB? The old stuff that came off actually had a groove that fit on the seam of the door sill and inner car. It wrapped from the dash pad all the way up the back of the door opening. This stuff they sent me seems to not have the groove, and almost looks like it needs a sealant?
Let me know if you have used this, which I assume most have.

Thanks

Newkie

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I bought that stuff from Vic Brit and sent it back. It's junk! It doesn't even fit or look right. Probably made in China. Moss sells the good stuff. It's very close to the original in looks and how it attaches. It might even be MacGregor. I'm not sure.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I suspect so, Paul. I believe he's supplying them (Moss) now. His stuff FITS and is as "original" as we can expect. He also has appropriate windshield and hard-top seals.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Doc, Did you ever meet him? (MacGregor). One very nice guy. I understand that if you have a car with an unusual seal, he'll make one special. Might be a little pricey, but at least he's willing to try.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Only phone conversations. Great fella. He's got seals for my Elans and the Alfa too.

OP
Newkie

Newkie

Jedi Trainee
Will take VB take this stuff back?
So far, I have been disspleased with the hardware for my fenders, the engine compartment seal that goes on my radiator, and this furflex? Moss, will get my business from now on.
What do I have to do to get VB to accept the furflex back? Its not like I want to keep this stuff at ($49.99).

Newkie

OP
Newkie

Newkie

Jedi Trainee
Also, is there a better option for door seals for a 73' roadster other than Moss? I hate to order things from the big guys unless I need more to make up for shipping costs.
How about Tony? Do you carry the Door seals with the metal spline? 259-810, 259-928

Newkie

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Newkie said:
Will take VB take this stuff back?
So far, I have been disspleased with the hardware for my fenders, the engine compartment seal that goes on my radiator, and this furflex? Moss, will get my business from now on.
What do I have to do to get VB to accept the furflex back? Its not like I want to keep this stuff at ($49.99).

Newkie

If you have the original packaging, just roll it up and seal it up with packaging tape. Put it in the box or bag it came in and send it back. I called them first and told them it was the wrong seal and that I was sending it back. They took it back with no problem. PJ

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Tony does not care how much or how little you order as it all goes in with his big monday order.

stretchit2

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
https://www.macgregorukcarparts.com/

I used Bristlefex from Macgregor and it really worked great. I would say it much better for me than the Furflex. I am one happy customer.

Good luck,

Jeff

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I wont say this is correct, but the possibility is there, aside from looking terrible, Vic Brit door seals are I think plastic inside and don't grip very well, I think the Moss seals have steel inside as the originals did. I know when you install them, the Moss seals not only look as close to the originals as you can get they also have a much tighter fit on the lip! PJ

A little note, Moss has people who are car people and are very knowledgeable of their products. Vic Brit has people who knows nothing about what they sell other than an order number. Ask them a question and their dumb founded. I personally don't deal with them anymore. But of course, that's just me.