• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Handling difference of BT7 and Bugeye

BrianN

I'm still fiddling with the front toe in adjustment of the BT7. Spec seemed way too neutral and disconnected from the road. I added a half turn on the tie rod length, which give a bunch more road feel and response.

How close to that quick and sure "roller skate" feel of a bugeye does a big Healey come when dialed in right? I think the bugeye had the quickest and tightest steering of any car I have ever driven.

How are the two to compare?

bradal

Jedi Hopeful
Brian: I have a Bugeye and a BT-7, also. They are nothing alike at all as far as handling. You just have to expect and get accustomed to the difference. Yes, the Bugeye is maneuverable and tossable. The BT-7 will seem sedan-like in comparison, but it is no less fun to drive for all the differences. AL Bradley

John Loftus

Darth Vader
[ QUOTE ]
One handles like a cement truck, the other handles like a Sports car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup ... one of them is just like a cement truck ... when you're going up a long hill! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif Brian!

Keoke says, its like comparing the manuverability of a P38 to that of a Japanese Zero. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

OP
B

BrianN

All right, all right, all right...so we have fans for each car. I should have known.

Well...

On the BT7 how much difference could I expect by changing from 165 Signet brand tires to wider 175 whateverisgood brand? Existing tires are nearly new, but I think they are some low end house brand from Wall Mart or somewhere. Does anyone recognize the "Signet" name?

Also, they are on 48 spoke wheels. Will going to 60 spokes on a wider wheel make much difference?

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
HI Brian, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Going to a wider wheel/tire and more spokes will considerably improve handling at speed ,but incurs the expense of heavier steering at low speeds-3 point turns,parking ,ETC.-FWIW---Keoke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jim_Gruber Vroom, Vroom-Oh what a difference in handling Spridgets 11
banjojambo TR2/3/3A TR3A adding weight to improve handling Triumph 5
Steve P. Best way to improve handling? Spridgets 10
R T-Series TD Handling Problem MG 16
T TR2/3/3A Type-A Overdrive Handling Differences Triumph 9
RAC68 Suspension Modifications to improve Handling and Roadability? Austin Healey 96
trrdster2000 General Tech Is a third party handling our classified??? Triumph 2
D BT7 Handling Austin Healey 30
J Scary Handling Spridgets 22
T TR6 TR4a IRS vs TR6 handling Triumph 20
Monark192 MGB MGB Handling Question MG 5
T I bet this didn't help its handling Triumph 9
bugedd Bugeye handling questions Spridgets 12
M TR4/4A TR4 Handling Issue Triumph 5
SCguy TR6 TR6 Handling Triumph 13
Kirk_Fisher TR4/4A TR4 handling/suspension upgrades Triumph 19
G Handling Spridgets 10
dougie Man Handling A Big Healey Racing 4
jjbunn "Handling Charge": why ? Triumph 31
A TR6 TR-6 Loose Handling Triumph 22
gsalt57tr3 TR2/3/3A TR3 suspension/handling question Triumph 10
M Handling Question MG 8
A TR6 TR6 REAR TRAILING ARMS AND BETTER HANDLING Triumph 7
SCguy TR6 How to improve the handling of my TR6? Triumph 14
MGFever Midget Handling Spridgets 5
7 MGOC Rear Handling Kit MG 5
M TR4/4A Difference between two Oval Air Filters Triumph 3
V MGB Folding convertible vs stow away. What years? How much difference? MG 2
AUSMHLY The difference between GL4 and GL5 gear oils Austin Healey 0
Got_All_4 TR6 Any difference between 69 & 70 camshafts Triumph 3
H Is there any difference in using the 1275 Float Bowl that have a different casting? Spridgets 6
Got_All_4 General TR Payen brand head gasket sets what's the difference Triumph 10
S TR2/3/3A What's a little thing that made a huge difference in your vehicle? Triumph 37
K TR4/4A Difference between 4A frames and TR6 frames? Triumph 6
C Price difference between 100-6 BN4 and BN6?? Austin Healey 14
drooartz MGB Difference in clutch master cylinders? MG 4
K BJ7 interior back panel difference Austin Healey 4
M TR4/4A Is there a difference between the "Body" number and the Comission Number? Triumph 8
HealeyRick A 100 With a Difference Austin Healey 9
trrdster2000 GT6 Another little difference, big problem. Triumph 11
P T-Series TD Door Hinges: just what is the difference between right and left? MG 11
F VIN Problem / Whats difference between BN6 and BN7, bare car. Austin Healey 21
N 3" difference between front and rear track Spridgets 5
HealeyRick 100 With a Difference Austin Healey 6
5 Mk1 vs Mk2 front shroud difference Austin Healey 6
J Does a texas cooler make a real difference ? I now am using an a moss flex fan ! Austin Healey 24
R difference between instal of 1500 radiator in 1275 Spridgets 3
T Weight difference beween steel and wire rims Triumph 11
K TR4/4A Difference in Clutch Shafts 4A? Triumph 4
M 3.0 iron weight difference Austin Healey 7