• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Gonna start back on the midget

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Finally we are done with rebuilding my dad's Subaru engine and its running like a top, just a few more things tomorrow and we will be done and I will get my garage back and can move the midget over to the other side so I can start the final bodywork. I bought some 400 grit and some spot putty and my shoulder is feeling a bit better to where I think I can do a bit of hand sanding without much trouble. There was quite a bit of overspray from that fill primer so the whole car will have to be sanded but only a few spots will need any real attention, its just getting my mind and body right to do it that is the problem

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Sounds as if you've got a serendipitous 'indicator coat' of paint! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

Take yer time. You KNOW you can go too long at it and the next day... UGH. 15~20 minutes at first, if that doesn't pay back in pain the next day you're good for an increase to less than an hour. That way you can call it P.T.!
Mebbe get the insurance company to pay for some supplies?!?! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
That is what I am thinking. Hopefully we will be done with the soob all together by this evening. Still waiting on some test equipment to find out where the water is going on my wifes car, so I thought I would sand a bit and see how it goes as far as pain. Twill be good to get back on the midget. That A series engine is so easy to understand and work on compared to a soob engine that you would not believe it. That soob engine has to be the most unique auto engine in the world. Ever here of an engine that you have to pull the wrist pins from the pistons before you can get to the crankshaft or rods or cam? If I ever get done with this midget my next resto project is going to be an older model Brat. It shall be my hybrid experimentation vehicle, my hybrat. I have thought long and hard and this is the most perfect vehicle for such things. As for now, the midget is moving to center stage. I might take a day and go sailing with my nephews first.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A day "messin' about in boats" (sail, especially) gets MY vote every time! Do it! The Midget will certainly be there when you get back.

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
A day "messin' about in boats" (sail, especially) gets MY vote every time! Do it! The Midget will certainly be there when you get back.
My main concern is that my nephews are lubbers and have never stepped onto a sailboat before and I am wondering if my shoulder could take an unexpected swim? I will probably keep Miss Spridget's sails reefed deep to prevent a capsize even if we don't make much speed with her, just to be on the safe side until the nephews learn the ropes.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Literally... 'cept teach 'em to call 'em lines. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Hey there Kim. What do you sail and where? Do you race? I'm lucky that my boat is actually within walking distance of my house right here in land locked Oklahoma. It's always good to find another sailor, especially one who loves cars too. Doc, I'm guessing from you comments that you are one too?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I learned to sail on Lake Erie in my youth. An O'Day Sprite 12'. Did a "crossing" at about age 17 in an 18' Ray Greene "Rebel". ...just a punter compared to someone goin' all the way 'round! Very neat. <jealousy icon> /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Atrus

Jedi Warrior
Good luck Kim, just don't overdo it! I look forward to seeing your progress.

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Kim,

Please take it slow,

Although we are all dying to see her with the new color /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

In time, he will be there. Slow and steady.

Pat

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Do not rush your healing. You do have the rest of your life.