• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Enough with Winter already!

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
What winter, been nice almost every day down here.

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
jlaird said:
What winter, been nice almost every day down here.

Jack that isn't funny ! :smile:, okay I would do the same if I lived in Florida !

April 11 - road insurance goes back on Midge... lots of snow to go yet... hopefully the forcasted rain washes everything down a bit - I want to drive my car !

theleisure

Jedi Trainee
Bronze
Country flag
Take that "Enough with Winter Already" comment back please! It's been 83 degrees here the last few days and it's going to be too hot to go out and work on the car again soon! 90degrees + humudity = sweating the second I walk outside. Not good at all...

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Hey those guys down by Jack do their skiing on soft water.
Here in Canada we ski on hard water.
Same difference, just change of uniform.

BTW, was this filmed at Thunder Bay or SSM?

Dave :savewave:
P.S. love the film. I go to a cottage just south of Sudbury every summer for a week in July LOVE IT (blackflys and all)

Dadandson

Jedi Trainee
I thought ALL the Canadians were here in Arizona for the winter! I guess there are a few left in the Great White North. Cheers

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

Woodie

Jedi Warrior
well I got the rear shocks changed out to tubes shock today, it was 40 degrees, +5C in Ottawa. Took me about 3 hrs. While I was at it I found out where the brake fluid goes in the winter. Seems there is a leak at the hose in the back. Lucky I have a brand new hose sitting waiting for this weekend when I can get to a buddies to help with the bleeding. I bet this will solve the soft brakes. Snow is all gone here. We have had some rain so the salt is off the streets too. Driving by EASTER>>>!!!!!!YAHOO!!!

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Jimmy
Reminds me of driving on PEI in the winter, except all the mud was red. :driving:
P

maddy

Yeah, I've got a 4 speed also. I do like the sound of the engine. I don't dare drive in the snow, which it was doing today, cause I wouldn't get the car back up our driveway!
Do you have a stock muffler on that nice looking car?

OP
J

Jimmy74

<span style="font-style: italic">14dna</span> you are correct it is Thunder Bay, although it's just a wee bit outta town, maybe 10 klicks or so.

<span style="font-style: italic">walshja</span>, yes I brought it back from the wreckers grasp with a nut and bolt restoration. Thanks for the compliment, however I see yours appears almost a twin! Go figgur.

OP
J

Jimmy74

Maddy the muffler is specked to a Dodge K-car, I needed one in a hurry. I was very pleasantly surprised after I installed it (it was to be temporary) so I've kept it. It's quiet around town with top down rowing thru the gears and at 50 mph has just a nice very quiet deep bassy rumble (cause it's oversized). If you choose to try one, they need some hammer bashing to clear the leaf spring hanger, and of course the inlet needs to be necked down.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Aaaaaaa My Eyes My Eyes :blush:

Midget78

Jedi Trainee
We have had the tease of warm weather yet here comes the heavy rains and more snow behind it. I agree, enough is enough. Time to packup and go south. I was reading in the paper the other day that in Cleveland, Ohio; we average only 87 days out of 365 days a year that are perfect sunny days. The remaining are either gray, rainy, or snowy. Something is wrong with that picture.

capitalcitycars

Jedi Trainee
I feel for ya Sween. It's the same way up here in Lansing. Yesterday, it hit 62. Today it will be rainy and 46. We also had some snow this week. ;(

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Snowing again here as well. Looks like January out there. Yuck.