• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Restyling of Espirit ongoing to keep it competitive...will it be enough?

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
There is a revamp of the current Espirit to keep it competitive with the upcoming supercars...

Will it be enough?

Is Lotus in trouble since or b/c they canned plans for the M250?

Or are they planning a massive comeback with another new model?

Rumor has it...lotus is on the auction block again?

Wingtip

Jedi Hopeful
Silver
Country flag
Originally posted by JBsC5:
There is a revamp of the current Espirit to keep it competitive with the upcoming supercars...

Will it be enough?

Is Lotus in trouble since or b/c they canned plans for the M250?

Or are they planning a massive comeback with another new model?

Rumor has it...lotus is on the auction block again?

Have you seen any pics of the re-styling?

George

OP
J

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
I have not yet seen the photos of it..just heard it was changing..updating styling..getting rid of pop up lights etc..

I personally think the 25 years of production would call for an all new design...as great as the car is...

its time...JMO

OP
J

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
Heres the link to the photos of the newest update on the Espirit..

Do you like the new look?

OP
J

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
I'll be honest..I don't care for the remodel...

Time to update..I would have liked to have seen a v8 engined M250 possibly stretched a bit..

The lotus Espirit was my favorite car back in 76..but time rolls on..even with updates..

its time..for a new model to take over for Lotus as the leader of the sports car world..

As it stands..Lotus in the United States has gone from the ultimate in new car handling..to one of the best...

Not a bad place to go..but the company has so much more design capability...

IMHO..

What do you think?