• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Gas, Tires, and Oil

R6MGS

Yoda
Yup, a GTO....I believe it's a 1970....Spotted it the other day and came back to inquire. Last registered 2003. original orange, after market wheels, nice interior, after market sunroof...Rust in lower doors and front fenders.....Anyone have a general idea on what it might be worth?

284243_104_full.jpg

Anywhere from $5000 to $30,000+ depending on actual condition, engine, options, history, etc, etc...

The aftermarket sunroof, and hoodpins are definately sucking though.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
With the rust I see in the doors, take a good look at where the rear springs mount in the back, right up under the taillights. The unibody structure likes to rot out right there. Eventually the shackles come up through the trunk floor.
All in all looks like a good find
My guess would be between $3000 to $7000 depending on maintenance and rust issues (leaning twards the low side with the rust and hot rod bits)

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
curiously enough, the color is not Orange -- that's "Carosel Red" ... I suppose it's like TR7 Vermillion Red, which was also orange.

'70 GTOs are coming up in value, but it's the GTO Judge that is the most desirable of the era. It's actually funny, becaus twenty years ago you couldn't give a Judge away.

RomanH

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
The unibody structure likes to rot out right there. Eventually the shackles come up through the trunk floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben, the Pontiac is a body on frame car with coil springs at all four corners.

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda
Well I left 3 notes, one on the car....and I wasn't sure which house it belonged to so I left a note at both houses...It definatly has alot of rust, but the interior looks good, the hood is good as well(and i hear these a valuable)....the front has sunk right into the mud and tires are going flat.I noticed the plates on the car where probably issued in the late 70's, so the current owner has had it a long while....I'd be very surprised if I get a call from him, anyway just another cool old car rotting away.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Oh Roman! you're right! I was thinking of a firebird.(it's been a day)
R6mgs, don't listen to me! I'm fulla smoke.
Thanks for the save Roman.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
You got a Lucas neuro-system there, Ben?

KEWL!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Are those hood pins aftermarket? Didn't Pontiac put them on some cars? Old GTO Judges, for example?

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda
I am not sure about the hood pins....I've always hated them, but i do recall some muscle cars coming stock with them.

G

I've never seen a Judge or any GTO those years with factory pins, but I could be wrong. The Mach 1 Mustangs came with factory pins, my father had them on his 69 and they were optional on my 71, but I didn't have them. The 69-70's were the pin type with cables running down so you didn't lose them. The 71-73's were twist lock types. I like them on the Stangs, don't think I like them on this car.

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
If he does call, remember to check the VIN. It has been a few years, but I think that genuine GTOs begin with 24237 for coupes and 24267 for convertibles

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda
Thanks, i'll try to remeber to check the vin.....I did get a call from one of the houses I left a note on....of course it wasn't the owner...it was the owners elderly neighbour, she said she'd be very glad if I bought the car as she's tired of looking at it....Also she thinks the owner has been away for awhile as newspaper is pileing up......theres still hope!