• Hi Guest - Welcome to the New BCF!! Welcome to the new (as of 2/22/21) British Car Forum. For help navigating this platform, see: This forum
  • Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

Fuel line - gas tank question

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Friends, the sender on the gas tank on the Vauxhall was toast and made of unobtanium. I have a new sender that I believe is a early Midget or Mini (I should remember)

In the Vauxhall the pickup is part of the sender. I have dismantled it but I think the filter sock doesn't have enough flow. I have found this on the interwebnet and wonder if it would be a good substitute.

clearly it doesn't have a sock filter but the tank is clean and I would have an inline filter.

thoughts?

maynard

Jedi Warrior
Can you post a picture of the old one?

maynard

Jedi Warrior
I think it would work but couldn't you just replace the sock?

PAUL161

Yoda
Silver
JP, my old 86 Ford Ranger has a sock-like that on the suction line in the tank. The only reason I know this is I replaced the tank with a new one along with the sender and fuel line combo. Don't know if you can buy just the filter, but I would think so. It just slips over the end of the fuel line. PJ